Will Uniden make for a future upgrade to support Motorola Phase II TDMA Systems?

Status
Not open for further replies.

CorwinScansNM

I live in a county here in New Mexico where EDACS ProVoice Communications & radios have been used for quite some years now. There's a big rumor that this year sometime & my county that uses & has been using the EDACS ProVoice system "will go bye bye and will be upgraded to a Motorola Phase II TDMA system" as an upgrade to replace the what is now considered "old school and being phased out EDACS ProVoice Radio Communications System".

Therefore, I am curious & wondering if there is any word or future of Uniden making a Motorola Phase II TDMA Firmware Upgrade to purchase for their latest models of public safety scanners like the BCD536HP that I do finally own one of to make them compatible for picking up & receiving Motorola Phase II TDMA trunked systems that my county is supposedly going to upgrade & change out to from the now (old & outdated EDACS ProVoice System) this year sometime at a cost of, $20 to $30 million dollars?

W4ELL

Feed Provider
All of the current line of Uniden scanners are Phase II capable out of the box:

325P2
996P2
436HP
536HP
HomePatrol 2

Unencrypted communications only, of course.

Last edited:

milcom_chaser

I live in a county here in New Mexico where EDACS ProVoice Communications & radios have been used for quite some years now. There's a big rumor that this year sometime & my county that uses & has been using the EDACS ProVoice system "will go bye bye and will be upgraded to a Motorola Phase II TDMA system" as an upgrade to replace the what is now considered "old school and being phased out EDACS ProVoice Radio Communications System".

Therefore, I am curious & wondering if there is any word or future of Uniden making a Motorola Phase II TDMA Firmware Upgrade to purchase for their latest models of public safety scanners like the BCD536HP that I do finally own one of to make them compatible for picking up & receiving Motorola Phase II TDMA trunked systems that my county is supposedly going to upgrade & change out to from the now (old & outdated EDACS ProVoice System) this year sometime at a cost of, $20 to $30 million dollars?

Are you in Bernallio County? The 536HP is Phase II compatible...

WX4JCW

Premium Subscriber
when i go through i can hear them on PV just fine, my 536 works well on P2

Status
Not open for further replies.