Williamson Co E!

Status
Not open for further replies.

APTN

County EMS went live mid last week, County Sheriff live today, UHF patches dropped. Looks like old Franklin system may be offline now as well, if somebody down that way can confirm.

I think you are correct about the Old Franklin System being offlined. It appears there is no control channel data being broadcast from the old Franklin System.

Spring Hill PD/FD & WCSO-Detention Division are still audible on UHF/VHF conventional as of this post.

INDY72

Monitoring since 1982, using radios since 1991.
If I ever get time to work in admin stuff this week will get updates in.... Have been crazy busy at work since all the publicity hit.

jpryor

Fairview PD and FD dispatch talk groups live end of last week. Their PD UHF patch still up. Not sure on their FD VHF, not close enough to normally hear, FD may not be fully online or patched yet.

Sheriff does have a bunch of additional talkgroups active but usually only in the day, not sure if any jail/correctional live yet as not much active over nights or weekends, more likely more court house/security like talk groups during daytime.

County Fire/Rescue may be up next.

jpryor

County Fire/Rescue live as of last week, no patches in place. Fairview PD UHF patch still up. Nolensville PD moved over as well, FD likely there too. Spring Hill PD/FD appearing to be the only remaining user not moved, likely due to their radio purchase issue. Franklin City did have an event up past weekend with PD, FD, Service units in the Clear on the Franklin Special Event groups.

At this point unless it is Franklin Fire, Franklin Special Event, Franklin Service, or somebody rolling mutual aid with Franklin Fire, nothing left to hear. Will be curious to see of the Fairview PD UHF patch remains for longer term, usually the patches had been dropped pretty quick after only a handful of days, however that one remains. Plenty of other less identifiable talk groups on the unknown wiki, unless somebody has the talk group names, will not likely have anything else to submit to the DB. Unless folks want placeholders like Franklin PD ENC Ch 2 though Ch X, Sheriff ENC Ch 2 through Ch X, etc for the various back channels.

Starting 1-1-19 Spring Hill will be transferring all PSAP and dispatching responsibilities to Williamson County. It is frustrating that in the name of "interoperability" we are becoming less interoperable.
Since when is Spring Hill in Williamson County? Last time I checked, it was in Maury County

APTN

Since when is Spring Hill in Williamson County? Last time I checked, it was in Maury County

Check again.

" Location & Demographics
Spring Hill covers approximately 28.7 square miles and is located 35 miles south of Nashville, TN. The city is situated within two counties, Maury and Williamson, and is part of the greater Cumberland Region that includes Cheatham, Davidson, Dickson, Maury, Montgomery, Robertson, Rutherford, Sumner, Williamson, and Wilson counties. "

Source
City History | Spring Hill, TN - Official Website

Giddyuptd

Premium Subscriber
So nashscan, if they are on tactical and you need to pass traffic to them how does that work?

Most agencies who follow this practice one in the group usually monitors dispatch or their dedicated channel to dispatch.

If the others need to they'll switch over but without a doubt one usually will be monitorin parked on dispatch while scanning the tac or having another radio sitting on tac.

jpryor

Spring Hill PD and FD went live on the new system towards the mid/end of May for what it's worth. Seems like all intended users are now online. Not really seen much of a peep from legacy VHF/UHF except for some occasional key ups. WOPS interop links no longer active since around April.

K2NWC

Premium Subscriber
On the other end of the state in Washington County, we initially started out with very reasonable encryption on TACN - with primary dispatch in the clear and administrative, tactical, records, etc... all employing encryption. Then quite suddenly and without any discussion that I was aware of, the decision was made to encrypt all city and county law enforcement talkgroups full-time. I attempted to engage in a respectful, reasonable discussion with the city Chief of Police and city commissioners, but made zero progress. I suspect it will require legislative action at the state level to require primary dispatch to be performed in the clear before we see the trend toward full-time global encryption end. I got to know several officers through our Citizens Police Academy a number of years ago and certainly have a tremendous respect for officer safety. With multiple encrypted talkgroups available that were always used any time sensitive information was being communicated, I simply fail to see how the move to full-time encryption on primary dispatch enhanced officer safety. I took advantage of being able to hear where traffic accidents were currently being worked and intentionally avoided those areas, which I would advocate is actually an enhancement for officer safety. That argument certainly didn't carry enough weight to reverse the decision on encryption in Washington County / Johnson City though.

kg4ere

Premium Subscriber
Franklin Fire requested that their dispatch and TACS 1-5 remain unencrypted. They are the only users of the system to remain unencrypted.

jpryor

Ah, ya seeing modes were incorrect in the last update to the RR DB for the emergency service zones. Only tac 1 through 4 are unencrypted, tac 5 through the rest are encrypted. I submitted a correction request.

kg4ere

Premium Subscriber
I have been monitoring the system and am hearing traffic on 3 TGs that I cannot identify. On my HP1 they come up as unknown and the TGIDs are 631,637, and 641. They almost sound like law enforcement related. Anyone have any ideas?

jpryor

I have been monitoring the system and am hearing traffic on 3 TGs that I cannot identify. On my HP1 they come up as unknown and the TGIDs are 631,637, and 641. They almost sound like law enforcement related. Anyone have any ideas?
Metro Nashville PD primary dispatch channels. Originally the Williamson County simulcast site denied most other users access. In recent weeks Metro PD is carried on the Williamson site, just like how at times the Davidson sites carries some Williamson activity if that site provides better coverage for a particular subscriber.

evan

Database Admin
Metro Nashville Police.

W4EMS

Premium Subscriber
At least for a few more days until NPD goes silent.

kg4ere

Premium Subscriber
Thanks for the input...I was surprised to hear them as I thought they had already gone full time encryption.

TNDispatcher

Premium Subscriber
Are any of u guys familiar with NXDN District 7. Yall seem close by to pick it up possibly? I just upgraded my 436 and seems like I'm missing a ton of traffic on the system .

Status
Not open for further replies.