• Effective immediately we will be deleting, without notice, any negative threads or posts that deal with the use of encryption and streaming of scanner audio.

We've noticed a huge increase in rants and negative posts that revolve around agencies going to encryption due to the broadcasting of scanner audio on the internet. It's now worn out and continues to be the same recycled rants. These rants hijack the threads and derail the conversation. They no longer have a place anywhere on this forum other than in the designated threads in the Rants forum in the Tavern.

If you violate these guidelines your post will be deleted without notice and an infraction will be issued. We are not against discussion of this issue. You just need to do it in the right place. For example:
    https://forums.radioreference.com/rants/224104-official-thread-live-audio-feeds-scanners-wait-encryption.html

Williamson County Fire Tone out

Status
Not open for further replies.
Afternoon folks,

I have been on RR for a good while now and occasionally chime in when I have a moment. So my moment today is regarding the use of tone outs in the Williamson counties as this is where I reside. I do know that the 436HP is capable of using these however i have never explored this feature and wondered if it would be worth using compared to monitoring the GATRRS network? I do know that there is a daily test on the Williamson County EMS net about 0700-0705 where many of the pager tones are played however I am unsure as to what they translate to. Is there a list as to the tones still used for the EMS, Fire, Hazmat etc etc available? I did a bit of looking about but have not had much success locating the information.

Any assistance would be appreciated.

KD5WEK, 73.

While I appreciate the reply the link to the Wiki listed in that thread is dead, contains no content at all.

http://wiki.radioreference.com/index.php/Bexar_County_(TX
Bexar County (TX)
There is currently no text in this page. You can search for this page title in other pages, or search the related logs.

There is some data in the thread pertaining to tones used but again they are not in my area being I live in RR. I had seen this thread previously as I have been surfing the threads in the Texas section for info and there doesn't seem to be anything for Williamson County...

Thanks though, this could be useful for my in laws when I put my HP-1 down there as they live in the Universal City area.

So is this still the case? I cannot believe that in years no one has decoded the FTO for Williamson County.. Looks like there a gap to fill.
January 2014..
"Unfortunately we don't have any FTO information for Williamson County in our wiki (which is where we store this). So you will need to discover them yourself, if someone doesn't tell you what they are."

banditt2344

Premium Subscriber
I will have to follow this. I got one of the first 536s and also live in Williamson County (Round Rock). I messed around with tone-outs a little bit but just couldn't ever get it figured out. I just follow on the Gattrs network while scanning now.

As I have both the 436 and HP1 I figured I would give this a shot, I have the HP1 locked to the Williamson County EMS Dispatch frequency of 462.9750, took the same frequency and plugged it into the 436 in the tone out options and since I do not know the tone frequencies being used left tone A and B at 0.0 making it search so I should get hits is something comes in. Also have the 436 set to record so I can play it back and read the recorded tones.. I will post my findings as I get them.

I found the video here helpful as to possibly capturing the tones...
https://youtu.be/UncUOrDZPU4

73's

**Update**

Good Morning everyone,

I decided to record the pager test tones for the Williamson County EMS this morning. I played these back through Two Tone Decoder and found there to be 18 tone pairs. This could be a start for the Williamson County Page Tone out page?? Not sure which pair relates to which group but its a start..

Anyone else in the area want to lend a hand with identifying which tones are used for their corresponding users?

All in Hz.

A 397.0 B 494.0
A 467.0 B 494.0
A 376.0 B 494.0
A 360.0 B 419.0
A 360.0 B 494.0
A 521.0 B 419.0
A 360.0 B 467.0
A 467.0 B 446.0
A 360.0 B 397.0
A 397.0 B 376.0
A 376.0 B 419.0