Williamson County Updates

Status
Not open for further replies.

kg4ere

Premium Subscriber
A few changes have happened over the last week. I thought I would outline them here for those who are interested.

-Williamson County has merged with the City of Franklin to unite dispatch centers. All County agencies and City of Franklin departments are now dispatched by the Williamson County Emergency Communication Center. All former City of Franklin dispatchers are now County employees.

-Prior to last week County dispatch and City of Franklin dispatch were still located in separate facilities. Last Tuesday all Dispatch services were moved into the new Williamson County Emergency Communications Center building.

-All agencies dispatched are now using TriTech Software CAD systems. City of Franklin switched to this CAD system last year, this past week the rest of the County agencies made the switch.

-Franklin Fire Department now uses automated dispatching. I am still trying to get used to the computer voice dispatching calls.

-County agencies had been using DTMF identifiers, they are now using MDC 1200.

-Work is progressing on the new County wide 700/800 MHZ system. This system will be integrated with Metro Nashville's system and provide redundancy for Metro and Williamson. The system is projected to be completed in 2018. All county legacy systems will be switching to 700. City of Franklin went 800 in 2006.

Agencies now dispatched under the Williamson County umbrella:
-City of Franklin Police and Fire
-Williamson County Sheriff's Office
-Williamson County EMS
-Williamson County Rescue Squad (Stations 12, 14, 21, 22, 23, 24, 30, and 35)
-Williamson County Animal Control
-Williamson County EMA
-Nolensville VFD (Station 16)
-Flat Creek VFD (Station 17)
-College Grove VFD (Station 18)
-Arrington VFD (Station 19)
-Peytonsville VFD (Station 28)
-City of Fairview Police and Fire
-City of Nolensville Police

City of Brentwood and City of Spring Hill elected to keep their respective dispatch centers.

wxwarn285

I am told that no new WCARES gov cards will be issued until some security issues are resolved related to the new EOC, do you have any idea when this will be resolved?

Status
Not open for further replies.