Wilm PD Issues..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Evnldr

Hello anybody else having issues with Wilmington PD.. The past couple days it has been choppy
Not sure if it's just me. I'm in the Midway shopping center area.

RS discone and antenna 17' Lmr400

KC2KQH

I think there have been issues with the Wilmington system (or site, or whatever you'd like to call it for how it's technically part of the state system) now for a while. A couple months back fire and EMS were using one of the county talkgroups due to some kind of radio issue. For some time now I've been experiencing digital garble at the beginning of transmissions on the Wilmington talkgroups. I'm not sure if the two are related, it just seems my garble issues started around the time they were using a county talkgroup. I also heard fireboard tell a unit on the Wilmington talkgroup that he needed them to repeat as he was having radio problems. That was towards the end of this week.

-Ryan

Evnldr

Spoke to a wilm PD friend he said they have had issues. But mine may be a need to raise antenna issue it comes fades in and out. Or may need a better antenna as my cheap Yagi 800 connector came lose.

I added another thread for new antenna advise. The one i liked SpectrumForce Yagi Base, 400-960Mhz 7dBi not a fan of a F connector... or a Wilson 301111 700/800/900 MHz.

Status
Not open for further replies.