Wilmington Police Repeater down?

Status
Not open for further replies.
as of 9-11-2011, I notice that the Wilmington police repeater
155.310/159.210 118.8 Tone is no longer active. Did they change inputs or move to a different frequency?
I DO note that wilmington EMA has a repeater up and active.

Info appreciated.

ilgrant

Did you try to listen to it with the Tone Decode off?

No changes in their license since their renewal last year.

I listen to it "in the clear"(no pl tone)

yes. Monitor it over a 24 hour period and no activity or "hits" on my device. Not even a kerchunck.

Was active up to about a week and a half ago.

I even fired up the "commercial grade" two way equipment(tighter receive) and nada.(swung the beam right at them and everything)

Short of calling them(which usually freaks a police department out and they become highly
anally retentive) there appears to be zero traffic. Ill give it another shot but it looks like yet another department has vanished into APCO land. So the question is still posed.

Where did Wilmington Police repeater 155.310/159.210 go?

Grrrrrrr.

ilgrant

I don't live in the area but are you aware that they are being dispatched by Wescom now.

One frequency that I see connected to Wescom PD is

158.8500 (088.5) WESCOM "POLICE 1". Braidwood & Wilmington PD

reported by a CARMA member.

wilmington

No i did not. I called. And got the standard "we cant tell you that information" reply. Which WOULD indicate that they have changed up. I checked all DPL and PL and INVERTED DPL and nothing on the current configuration. Mostlikely, some country bumpkin probably bumped the "off" switch to the console and since wilmington is about as busy as mayberry,well you know..............

ilgrant

Well...if Wilmington is that slow you may want to keep an ear on the 158.8500 frequency. Never know. Don't use the PL.

There is no indication that they were switching to different radios. All I saw was the planned lay off of dispatchers and the switch to Wescom.

RoninJoliet

Premium Subscriber
I hear Wilmington (3100 cars) on 158.85 PL88.5 talking NOW....Braidwood (5100 series) cars on same freqy along with Channahon (200 series), Shorewood (700 series).....

Status
Not open for further replies.