Wilson 301111 Yagi Directional

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ramathorne

I came across this anteena at an good price. Anyone using or have any opinions on it? It is for 806-894mhz with up to 13db gain. And where I am at I need all the help I can get. It has the female N which is what I also need for my 50' of lmr400.

Ramathorne

Nobody?
Sale ends today
Would like to hear something about it?
I just do not want to spend more money on another antenna to be disappointed again

Ramathorne

I can get the Wilson or the T09120Y11206T by Terrawave for the same price. Basically the same gains. I guess it ends with reputation?

n5sjs

Premium Subscriber
I have the Wilson and have had it up for a couple of weeks.Its well built and stood up to
ice last weekend.I use it to receive a county using EDACS,about 50 miles away.I put it up
about 18 feet in a temporary location,and adapted the N connector to PL259,then to an F
connector.I'm using about 50 feet of RG6 Quad shield coax.
I just aimed the yagi at the lights on the horizon from here,and receive with 4 bars daytime
and 5 bars at night,on my PRO-163.When the weather improves,I'll likely locate it to a more
permanent spot.Its just below my 75 meter dipole and 2 meter ssb yagi.
I paid around $50 for the yagi from Amazon.com,with free shipping.They had other listings
with cheaper prices,but the shipping would have made it close to the same price.
David

RF23

Premium Subscriber
Ramathrone let us know how this beam works for you and let us know if the specifications that accompany it are different from those you mentioned, which by the way is what Amazon gave for the beam too. I was surprised to find the papers that came with this beam gave slightly different specs than what was on Amazon.

I started a threat about a problem I had with a jumper cable I ordered to use with this antenna but the guys jumped in a told me what was wrong and how to fix it. I followed their advice and it now works great for me! So, now I have 50 ft of Wilson LMR 400 that I may not need, but I think I will find a use for it.

http://forums.radioreference.com/coax-cable-connectors/278007-jumper-cable-did-not-work.html

Hope it works for you as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.