Win 500 and trunking

Status
Not open for further replies.

KC4FCF

Premium Subscriber
I've been using Win 500 for a couple of months now to program my Whistler WS 1065 and I've been well satisfied with the way it works for conventional systems. I've yet to get it to program my scanner for trunked systems, though I have tried. The systems seem to be in the scanner, buy yet it doesn't scan them. I've attached a screen print of the message I get when I click on the TSYS tab in Win 500. I'm far form a novice with computers and other electronics, but this has me stumped. I hope someone on this forum can help me out.

Attachments

• Win 500.jpg
    Win 500.jpg
    39.2 KB · Views: 245

737mech

Premium Subscriber
In the bottom box for talkgroups right click and create a wildcard. There are none in your screenshot? Of you could import the talkgroups from the database. Also check the freqs button make sure the freqs are correct. Then click the Tables tab, make sure thats correct for the system.

Last edited:

737mech

Premium Subscriber
There is no database Owensboro p25 system. If you know the system then enter the freqs and a wildcard talkgroup that will act as a find all. Any talkgroup that comes on you'll hear. Unless they are encrypted?

KC4FCF

Premium Subscriber
What I did originally was to do a web import. I renamed one of the systems to Owensboro to give me a frame of reference. I thought I could assign the systems to a scan list but they don't appear in any. I'm not sure if 'm doing something wrong, and this is my first experience with trunked systems.

KC4FCF

Premium Subscriber
They don't appear in scan list 1. I don't know what I'm doing wrong.

budevans

What I did originally was to do a web import. I renamed one of the systems to Owensboro to give me a frame of reference. I thought I could assign the systems to a scan list but they don't appear in any. I'm not sure if 'm doing something wrong, and this is my first experience with trunked systems.

If you have Talk Groups showing on the lower 1/2 of the page, you now have to highlight them (click on one, it should turn blue) now look at the Scan List column on the right. Click on what ever Scan List you want that Talk Group to be in. That's it.

Here's a picture of the Parma P25 System that I have set up.

Last edited:

737mech

Premium Subscriber
file
web import
radioreference.com
trunked systems
start
country
state
county
select system ? Fort Knox?
Check in box for a site or all if you want
Check in a box for talkgroups
import this system
name the system
select the scanlist
click ok

Last edited:

budevans

Fix Talk Group header row height

I noticed that you don't have the height set properly for the Talk Group Header. To make that row readable, do the following.

At the top of the window click on Configuration (next click on) User Interface. Change the List Row Height to 16. Click OK.

Status
Not open for further replies.