WIN-500 recording problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

N0GTG

Scanner programmer since 1997
Premium Subscriber
I'm using WIN-500, and attempting to use the monitor/control function to record audio to my computer. I have the 'WIN500 Activity Log.txt' and 'Record Audio' boxes checked. When I click start, it creates the text activity log in the specified directory, but no .wav files are recorded. I have the programming cable connected, and the audio from the scanner to the sound card input. I hear the scanner audio fine through the computer speakers. I know it worked for me in the past, but apparently I did something then that I've forgotten to do this time. Any ideas?

DonS

Do you have the "Record" boxes checked for the specific objects you want to record? The "Record Audio" box on the Monitor/Control tab is a master enable - you still must turn on individual objects.

N0GTG

Scanner programmer since 1997
Premium Subscriber
Do you have the "Record" boxes checked for the specific objects you want to record? The "Record Audio" box on the Monitor/Control tab is a master enable - you still must turn on individual objects.

Yep! That's what I forgot. Thanks so much for your help, Don. Your software and support are tops!

D

DaveNF2G

I've made the same mistake.

Here is something else to watch out for... Be sure the file that is open in Win500 matches the current configuration of the scanner's memory when using remote control. Otherwise, what is logged will not match what is programmed. Evidently the software relies on the active memory file for object information (including recording settings, btw) rather than on the scanner itself.

Status
Not open for further replies.