Win 7 must be made out of GOLD!!!! For the price they want it for

Status
Not open for further replies.

N1JGE

Premium Subscriber
I imagine win 7 is selling better than windows 8. I know the wife is real fed up with win 8.

aharry

Try installing Startisback for Win8

I don't use Win 8. I installed it a virtual machine and when it started I was like, "what hell is this." It's a damn app!

This is neither new or unusual. The desktop in Windows has always been an app (explorer.exe), even the command prompt in DOS was an app (command.com) , as is a Linux prompt (bash or what eveer shell you use) and of course any GUI you choose to run in Linux.

It is certainly not unusual for explorer.exe (the desktop app) in WinXP to crash causing your desktop to disappear.

The only difference is the desktop app is not the default startup app in Windows 8, but it is only one click away.

Obviously, the new Start panel was designed to move Windows toward touch screen devices that will be the norm (even for desktops) in the not to distant future,

CapStar362

heh, i found a way to put the classic start menu ( i think even the Aero theme included ) back into 8

Toastedwaves

they had a winner in WinXP as far as the user interface. Everything was clear and easy. I can't figure out how they think overthere. Sometimes I think it is done on purpose to make people loose time.

Status
Not open for further replies.