win500 Client for Android - Listen anywhere!

Status
Not open for further replies.

smason

I've never noticed on the cell connection, I did the deliberate test on WIFI, will do a test on cellular tonight and let you know.

I had an audio cut out problem with the Windows clients (computer and phone) when the mobile client first came out that no-one else had, and no-one could figure out, so I know how you feel.

smason

Default port 8086.

Just dis more testing. On cellular, started with about a 1 second delay. Went up to about 11 seconds after 20 minutes.

Trying WIFI at home now. Earlier test that had consistent 4 sec delay was WIFI at work.

smason

Are you using compressed audio on the Win500 PC? If not, try it, that will make a difference in the amount of data, and the buffering getting behind.

Anderegg

Enter text in this field
Premium Subscriber
Is that an 11 second AUDIO delay, or 11 second full delay for the entire LCD and audio?

Also, anyone able to advise on post #40? :(

Paul

smason

How do I connect to my "server"? I have everything up and running, but I have absolutely no clue as to what to put for home address or remote address. I know my external static IP address, and my routers 192 address thingy, and the Win500client is showing client: 127.0.0.1. I port forwarded the standard port through my router, but I have no idea where I am forwarding it to, or how to access it. Any help? :-(

And I know my Android app works, because I can connect to a friends scanner online.

Paul

Sorry missed this one, have been clicking on email notifications, not browsing the thread..

You need to know the IP address of the computer that win500 is running on. Open a command prompt (start, cmd, enter) then type ipconfig and hit enter. You should see something like 192.168.0.2 or similar.

At home, connect the win500 Android client to that IP address and see if it works. If it does, then you can configure access from the Internet.

On your router, forward TCP port 8086 to the IP address of your computer running win500.

Now try connecting to your outside Internet address from Android.

smason

Is that an 11 second AUDIO delay, or 11 second full delay for the entire LCD and audio?

Also, anyone able to advise on post #40? :(

Paul

Both LCD and audio. So if I'm scanning a group, and hit WX, in 4 to 11 seconds the display changes to WX and I hear the weather freq. Not a big deal, unless you're trying to hit pause on something, it's easy to miss.

Anderegg

Enter text in this field
Premium Subscriber
I try the 192.168.1.1 that ipconfig gives for local, and the app says IO ERROR Bad server info or other error. When I attempt to connect to my external address, it times out. At a loss here.

Paul

smason

I'm assuming that you have Win500 boxes checked for remote server enabled, and controllable?
What version of Windows are you running WIn 500 on? Is the firewall enabled?

Anderegg

Enter text in this field
Premium Subscriber
Yes, both boxes are checked, and I can control it with the WIN500client on the same computer. It's Windows 7 Pro 64, and Win500 is on the firewall exception with all network types checked off.

I am going to do full separate install on another computer for testing, crossing fingers eh!

Paul

Anderegg

Enter text in this field
Premium Subscriber
OK, got it working on my laptop, same settings as my PC that it wasn't working, go figure!

Strangely enough, I am getting 7 second delay on local WiFi to WiFi, but less than 2 seconds over 4G LTE.......works for me. Time to buy a key. :)

Paul

baybum

Keystroke delay

Just to reiterate...this is a keystroke delay issue.

The APP is running for about 10 minutes. When you press a key (let's use WX), you see the scanner react immediately, but the APP takes about 10 seconds to switch to weather.

VE3RADIO

Wow.. so Siren is no longer needed! Congrats Don! I can finally do with a GRE product what I sent out to do with the new Uniden! Five ***** I will be buying a new GRE today from a guy with some stock left.

smason

Just to reiterate...this is a keystroke delay issue.

The APP is running for about 10 minutes. When you press a key (let's use WX), you see the scanner react immediately, but the APP takes about 10 seconds to switch to weather.

I wouldn't call it a keystroke delay, at least not the way I see it.
If I hit a key on the Android device, it sends the command to Win500 and the scanner switches to WX.
The keystroke made it without delay.
Several seconds later, the audio and display on the Android "catch up" and reflect the change to WX.

Do you have "compress audio" selected on Win500?

dhalbasch

Premium Subscriber
I can not wait for this to come to an iPhone. My Company provides my phone so I'm stuck with what they buy. Waiting in the wings.

Dennis

baybum

I wouldn't call it a keystroke delay, at least not the way I see it.
If I hit a key on the Android device, it sends the command to Win500 and the scanner switches to WX.
The keystroke made it without delay.
Several seconds later, the audio and display on the Android "catch up" and reflect the change to WX.

Do you have "compress audio" selected on Win500?

Compressed Audio is "greyed" out...but checked.

Status
Not open for further replies.