Win500 Error Message

Status
Not open for further replies.

heinonenh

Premium Subscriber
Trying to upload to scanner. However, I keep getting an error message from Win500 that it can't load the FTDI driver. I've already downloaded the latest version. What's weird is that the version recommended by Win500 isn't even on the FTDI website. Anyone have any advice how to get it to work? I've attached an image of the error message.

Win500 Error.PNG

Ncfirewire

Premium Subscriber
Are you using the programming cord that came with the scanner or an after market one?

gmclam

Premium Subscriber
Go into Device Manager and check that your cable is recognized and the driver working correctly. It will give you options to enable/disable/update the driver.

fluddzone

Premium Subscriber
Did you ever figure out how to get past this? I’m having the same issue and I can’t figure it out. We are using the cable that came with the radio (WS1065)

Wackyracer

Premium Subscriber
The driver has to do with the cable, buy a new cable that has a currently available driver for your computers operating system.

fluddzone

Premium Subscriber
The driver has to do with the cable, buy a new cable that has a currently available driver for your computers operating system.
So if i go get a new USB with a 2.04.06 drive it will work? I wonder why the one that came with the radio doesnt work. At this point, I almost wish I would have gotten the preprogrammed one.

fluddzone

Premium Subscriber
I don't even know what FTDI is. This is way beyond my knowledge of technology, I'm so close to being done. I just need to upload everything from WIN500 to the radio.

lehigh4me

Premium Subscriber
I don't know what operating system you are using but If you turn off driver checking in the operating system. The drivers should load ok. I have had that message a few times. Also make sure you have the right cables selected in Win500 program - Configuration - Programming Cables

gmclam

Premium Subscriber
I don't even know what FTDI is. This is way beyond my knowledge of technology, I'm so close to being done. I just need to upload everything from WIN500 to the radio.
FTDI makes a chip that is used in the cables. It essentially converts the USB signals to make them compatible with the scanner. The driver needed for the cable will come from FTDI.

One issue I've run into is multiple copies of drivers loaded for the same cable. I've had luck when I deleted all drivers, then installed the correct version.

beastieboy101

I had problems with using the Win500.exe program recognizing my usb cable included with my WS1040.

I used the Win500_COM.exe program in the win500 folder and it worked perfectly. Don't know if this may help you out but it helped me.

Status
Not open for further replies.