win500 how dose it work

Status
Not open for further replies.

bill44

please help i need step by step instruction on how to get win500 to work,i know nothing about computers ,had the psr600 for a mouth now trying to prog the kansas city area
thanks

hoser147

Welcome Bill, I presume you have Winn 500 downloaded to your machine? If not go to the site and download it, it will be in a Zip file you will need to use win zip or a similar program to open Win500 onto your computer and open it into a empty file or one you create and name Win500.You will have several folders in that file once it is opened. Plug your cable into a port on your computer and into the scanner. Open Win500 on your computer and go to the tabs on the top Lt. Go to where it says scanner and on the drop down hit download from scanner that will copy what you have in your scanner onto the computer. Just give that a name like origanal or win500 #1 or something. If your not getting any thing go to Configuration and Serial port and see what it shows. You will have to figure out which comm port the computer is using and set this the same way. From there out you will have to enter the freqs into Win500 and or become a Premium Subscriber here on RR and then you can download straight from the database to your computer. Hope this helps ya Hoser

Status
Not open for further replies.