WIN500/Pro-197 Adding TGs

Status
Not open for further replies.

drguitarum2005

Premium Subscriber
Howdy Yall,
Long time lurker here but don't post too often. I love this site though! I just got my first digital scanner as my department and various others in the Brazos Valley (Texas) area have gone to P25 digital. I have been able to program it farily quickly and easily with WIN500 but there is one thing I can't figure out. I've been following the Utah radio guide and the software used there is a very old version. How do I add a group of TGs from RadioReference (my work account is premium) to an existing system? I can't find anywhere in the import dialogue that lets me specify what system. Thanks!

Newest version of WIN500

04Z1V6

Once you have picked your talk groups and selected import place them in "Target Scan List for TGRP's" that the old TG's are in and be sure to list them after the last TGRP Object ID were in the Import screen states "Start TGRP Object ID"
The other way you can do this is to open your TSYS Ojects list Highlight the bottom talkgroup and under Edit click on New Item at end this will set a field were you can then enter the info yourself.

Highpockets

Read section 2.4 (Adding a block of TGs to an existing system) of the Win500 Guide, it explains how to do it. Also, even though the screens say it's an older version, most of the screens in the new version are the same or very close, excluding a few of the new commands Don has added.

drguitarum2005

Premium Subscriber
Thanks yall, I'll be sure to check that out soon to add some more TGRPs. Since I didn't know how to do that, every time I added a new set of TGRPs, even though they are under the same TxWARN P25 system, it created a new system. I now have about 15 instances of TxWARN in my system list (because I imported from rr.com 15 different times). Is there a way I can merge them so they're not taking up all those spots?

Highpockets

Thanks yall, I'll be sure to check that out soon to add some more TGRPs. Since I didn't know how to do that, every time I added a new set of TGRPs, even though they are under the same TxWARN P25 system, it created a new system. I now have about 15 instances of TxWARN in my system list (because I imported from rr.com 15 different times). Is there a way I can merge them so they're not taking up all those spots?

If I understand you correctly, you should be able to cut and paste them from the extra systems into the one system you want, then delete the extra systems. Or delete the extra systems and import the TGs over following the directions in the Guide into the system you want to keep. I think that is what your asking.

drguitarum2005

Premium Subscriber
Thanks! I see now where I can switch the system that my groups are on. Apparently I thought I was using WIN500 but its actually ARC500..is that different? That could be why my screens are slightly different than the WIN500 tutorial.

Is there a way to set a priority channel across all channels/groups/systems programmed into the scanner? I'd like it to be keeping tabs on one particular channel as often as possibly possible, even when not scanning in that system. If that's more of a scanner question, I can certainly repost in the proper forum.

Highpockets

Thanks! I see now where I can switch the system that my groups are on. Apparently I thought I was using WIN500 but its actually ARC500..is that different? That could be why my screens are slightly different than the WIN500 tutorial.

Is there a way to set a priority channel across all channels/groups/systems programmed into the scanner? I'd like it to be keeping tabs on one particular channel as often as possibly possible, even when not scanning in that system. If that's more of a scanner question, I can certainly repost in the proper forum.

ARC500 is different the Win500 that's why the screens are different. You can set Priority channels, there should be a place in ARC to do that, I don't use ARC so someone else will have to help there.

drguitarum2005

Premium Subscriber
ARC500 is different the Win500 that's why the screens are different. You can set Priority channels, there should be a place in ARC to do that, I don't use ARC so someone else will have to help there.

It's similar enough to WIN500 that the WIN500 tutorial helped me get it set up for the most part. The only part I'm still unsure of is how to add talkgroups to an existing system in ARC500. Hopefully someone chimes in about that.

I created another thread in the RS forums concerning my priority channels. I set my priority channels but I think since I'm scanning across essentially 15 different systems (even though theyre the same), it's just going a lot slower.

Thanks!

drguitarum2005

Premium Subscriber
I found a similar ARC500 (not that I stopped being dumb and realized what I am using) tutorial and the steps are very similar. Apparently it's not possible to import new talkgroups into an existing TSYS, however, I can just reassign the TSYS to the original one then delete the new one. Problem solved. Thanks yall!

Status
Not open for further replies.