• Effective immediately we will be deleting, without notice, any negative threads or posts that deal with the use of encryption and streaming of scanner audio.

We've noticed a huge increase in rants and negative posts that revolve around agencies going to encryption due to the broadcasting of scanner audio on the internet. It's now worn out and continues to be the same recycled rants. These rants hijack the threads and derail the conversation. They no longer have a place anywhere on this forum other than in the designated threads in the Rants forum in the Tavern.

If you violate these guidelines your post will be deleted without notice and an infraction will be issued. We are not against discussion of this issue. You just need to do it in the right place. For example:
    https://forums.radioreference.com/rants/224104-official-thread-live-audio-feeds-scanners-wait-encryption.html

Win500 v2.03 Question

Status
Not open for further replies.

Highpockets

Don,

Just fooling with new version, I like the way it puts the County name in now for the sites, I trying to find out where it gets the word county (wanted to make it a capital C in county), does it get it from RR?

DonS

No, the word "county" doesn't come from RR.

I get the site description text and the name of the county. For example, in my closest site for the Colorado DTRS, I get:

<siteDescr> = "Franktown (Denver Metro)"
<siteCtid> = 258

I look up the county based on the <siteCtid> value, and I get:

<countyName> = "Douglas"

I put those together, with some spacing and symbols, and create:
"Franktown (Denver Metro) {Douglas county}"

Highpockets

No, the word "county" doesn't come from RR.

I get the site description text and the name of the county. For example, in my closest site for the Colorado DTRS, I get:

<siteDescr> = "Franktown (Denver Metro)"
<siteCtid> = 258

I look up the county based on the <siteCtid> value, and I get:

<countyName> = "Douglas"

I put those together, with some spacing and symbols, and create:
"Franktown (Denver Metro) {Douglas county}"
Thanks Don. I just noticed your location, you moved?

DonS

Thanks Don. I just noticed your location, you moved?
Yep. Got the h*$% out of California for the [mostly] free state of Colorado.

After selling our 50-year-old 2300 sq ft tract house on a 7200 sq ft lot, we bought an 11-year-old 6400 sq ft house on over 5 acres... and had money left over.

Highpockets

Yep. Got the h*$% out of California for the [mostly] free state of Colorado.

After selling our 50-year-old 2300 sq ft tract house on a 7200 sq ft lot, we bought an 11-year-old 6400 sq ft house on over 5 acres... and had money left over.
Smart move, Good Luck! :D

Status
Not open for further replies.