Win500 web client?

Status
Not open for further replies.

mmiller7

Does anyone know if there's a web-client version? I have my own webserver and I'd love to have a page to stream instead of making people download the Windows program (and I have people who use Mac only who can't listen).

I'm thinking a Java applet would be the easiest thing but before I start sifting through all the specs and constructing my own software, does anyone know if this already exists?

Semi-related, I recently stumbled across the Win500 Android client, which is quite impressive!

KB8KOJ

Premium Subscriber
I run Win500 and log audio while streaming with Scannercast. I have had to do some tweaking with trying different sound cards and drivers. But it was worth the effort.

mmiller7

I run Win500 and log audio while streaming with Scannercast. I have had to do some tweaking with trying different sound cards and drivers. But it was worth the effort.

Haven't heard of Scannercast...how high are it's system requirements?

I'm running Win500 on an old netbook that was laying around...and it's just barely enough hanging around 80-90% CPU most of the time running just the Win500 server, TCPMux for multiple clients, and one client so I can hear audio when I turn up the speakers.

KB8KOJ

Premium Subscriber
I am running a mini ITX Atom @ 1.8 GHZ WinXP SP3 2 GB memory. CPU usage is around 50-70 percent. Win500 uses more resources. About 10Xs more. I haven't split the comport data for tagging with Icecast. But for what I monitor this isn't an issue. Scannercast is super simple to use.

I have both programs set to start in a auto-login profile. If i lose power it boots back up and starts working again on it's own.

Last edited:

rylvir

Feed Provider
I run Win500 for logging, and remote scanner control along with RadioFeed for a password protected webserver which pulls alpha tags / metadata from the Win500 windows. Had to install an extra sound card I had laying around. I'm doing this with 2 GRE Scanners, 2 Win500 Applications, and 2 Radiofeed Applications on an old Dell Desktop Pentium 4 single core i think maybe 3.0ghz. Hardly notice its running, YMMV

You could check out http://www.wimpyplayer.com/ - I know of a weather page that uses this to have a web player that streams from RadioReference / Broadcastify should work on Mac / Windows. PM me if you want the URL

Last edited:

mmiller7

Ok, I'll have to look into those. Yes, this is a rather oldish netbook, it's got a 1.6GHz single-core Atom (shortly after Atom first came out) with 1GB RAM...it can't keep up with Netflix so I demoted it from a streaming box to a scanner-controller after I found out the Pro-651 could do that.

One thing I do like about Win500 is it lets me control the radio remotely...which is something the RR streams lack.

Status
Not open for further replies.