win96 "incorrect model"

Status
Not open for further replies.

mypro96

Hello Everyone,
I get "incorrect model" when trying to upload. Also theres no progress bar on upload and there is on download. Is there a button I am missing on upload perhaps?
Windows 10 home pc and windows vista laptop using radio shack 20-546 cord; pro2096 will download from scanner using win 96 but when I try to upload to scanner, I get "incorrect model" Pro 2096 backlight option is ticked. This happens on both home pc and laptop. I will try another cord just to make sure. Also I have reset and reinitilaized. I saved my config to vscan 9 and loaded it, same message. Then I reinitialized and left it blank, same message.
CPU: F1.2
DSP-APP: F1.2
DSP-VOC:F1.1

I will upgrade firmware if I can find it and if cable/scanner lets me. I played around with advanced port settings but I really do not know what the settings actually do. Thanks in advance.
-michelle

p.s. win96 usually gives me a little trouble initially but it has never failed me. LOVE IT- Thanks Don

Last edited:

mypro96

Thanks to all who looked; no replies but I figured it out...I cleaned the PC/IF port and also pulled the v/s knob to put it back where it belongs, so the cable seated better. I can now upload again.

Status
Not open for further replies.