• Effective immediately we will be deleting, without notice, any negative threads or posts that deal with the use of encryption and streaming of scanner audio.

We've noticed a huge increase in rants and negative posts that revolve around agencies going to encryption due to the broadcasting of scanner audio on the internet. It's now worn out and continues to be the same recycled rants. These rants hijack the threads and derail the conversation. They no longer have a place anywhere on this forum other than in the designated threads in the Rants forum in the Tavern.

If you violate these guidelines your post will be deleted without notice and an infraction will be issued. We are not against discussion of this issue. You just need to do it in the right place. For example:
    https://forums.radioreference.com/rants/224104-official-thread-live-audio-feeds-scanners-wait-encryption.html

win96 \ pro2096

Status
Not open for further replies.

ga82832bud

Premium Subscriber
Recently Morgan County changed to p25. So i opened program win96 to do a web import from radio reference. When i open win96 and select web import \ radioreference \ the next screen ask for my logon and password to radio reference. I enter it then i get a null error and it will not logon to radio reference

ga82832bud

Premium Subscriber
Im now a prem member. The error message changed now to this:

there was an error communicating with radioreference.com. the text of the erro was:

No connection could be made because the target machine actively refused it

connect failed in tcp_connect()

buddrousa

Premium Subscriber
Have you updated to the newest version of the software you are using? I remember a change years ago that had something to do with remote connections to RR.

Im now a prem member. The error message changed now to this:

there was an error communicating with radioreference.com. the text of the erro was:

No connection could be made because the target machine actively refused it

connect failed in tcp_connect()
I have had thar a couple times. To fix it I 1. Shut down computer. 2. Said long string of bad words. 3 restarted computer.

buddrousa

Premium Subscriber
I just tested win96 V 01.74 an it worked. What OS are you using? Bypass or turn off you anti virus or firewall software. Try a second computer.

Status
Not open for further replies.