Win96 Start-up Problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

skthomp

I am familiar with Win96 and used it for several years. I am a registered users and Win 96 runs fine on my older Dell.

However, I have now loaded the current version on a new computer but I can't get it working.

I unzipped it into its own directory and then clicked the .exe file. I was able to load the name and key, but then I always get an error message saying:

Cannot find import; DLL may be missing, corrupt or wrong version. File "RRlib.DLL", Function " ?GETTRS_SYSTEM@CRR@RRINTERFACE@@QAEHHHPAPAVCTRS_SYSTEM_BASE@2@@Z" (Error 126)

I saw the notice about .NET so I downloaded .NET. No change--still can't get the program to open.

I saw the notice about unblocking the DLLs. Did that. No change--program won't open.

I'm familiar with Win96, but I can't get it to open. Help would be appreciated.

System is a fairly new Dell with XP Professional.

Thanks.

Steve, N4TX

qlajlu

Silent Key
According to the Starrsoft Web site for Win96, there is a new .dll file that DonS points to and instructs to download it into the same folder that you have your Win96 exe file or you will get dll errors. I'm thinking that maybe you should do the process again and make sure you click on the "new DLL" file from the Web site.

skthomp

Tried that...

Good idea, but I tried that and still get the same error message.

Steve, N4TX

Status
Not open for further replies.