• Effective immediately we will be deleting, without notice, any negative threads or posts that deal with the use of encryption and streaming of scanner audio.

We've noticed a huge increase in rants and negative posts that revolve around agencies going to encryption due to the broadcasting of scanner audio on the internet. It's now worn out and continues to be the same recycled rants. These rants hijack the threads and derail the conversation. They no longer have a place anywhere on this forum other than in the designated threads in the Rants forum in the Tavern.

If you violate these guidelines your post will be deleted without notice and an infraction will be issued. We are not against discussion of this issue. You just need to do it in the right place. For example:
    https://forums.radioreference.com/rants/224104-official-thread-live-audio-feeds-scanners-wait-encryption.html

Win96 Web Import- "Error Parsing XML"

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was trying to import NYC EMS data but before I can even use the pulldown menu I get
"error parsing XML". Is this a database error? Everything else imported beautifully.

loumaag

Silent Key - Aug 2014
redchord11 said:
I was trying to import NYC EMS data but before I can even use the pulldown menu I get
"error parsing XML". Is this a database error? Everything else imported beautifully.
I cannot replicate your error. I pull up the EMS section just fine. I am assuming you are pulling it up under the NYC FD category.

Hmm-

I choose Trunked Systems --> US --> New York --> New York --> NYC EMS and the second I select New York City EMS it gives me the error parsing XML.

DonS said:
It's because there is no data (i.e. sites, frequencies, or talkgroups) in the database for that system.
That could be why! ha- thanks. I just wanted to make sure I wasn't doing anything wrong.

redchord11 said:
That could be why! ha- thanks. I just wanted to make sure I wasn't doing anything wrong.
No, you're not doing anything wrong.

RR is, though. The XML doesn't match the "specification". The spec says that the <sites> element will contain at least one <site> element, and it doesn't:
Code:
<trs sid="126" name="New York City EMS" type="1" flavor="3" voice="1" updated="2007-04-15 09:14:14">
<country coid="1">United States</country>
<state stid="36" state_code="NY">New York</state>
<county ctid="1855">New York</county>
<city>New York</city>
<sysid ct="76.76" wacn="">0B36</sysid>
<sites>
</sites>
<talkgroups>
</talkgroups></trs>

loumaag

Silent Key - Aug 2014
DonS said:
No, you're not doing anything wrong.

RR is, though. The XML doesn't match the "specification". The spec says that the <sites> element will contain at least one <site> element, and it doesn't:
Code:
<trs sid="126" name="New York City EMS" type="1" flavor="3" voice="1" updated="2007-04-15 09:14:14">
<country coid="1">United States</country>
<state stid="36" state_code="NY">New York</state>
<county ctid="1855">New York</county>
<city>New York</city>
<sysid ct="76.76" wacn="">0B36</sysid>
<sites>
</sites>
<talkgroups>
</talkgroups></trs>
Don,

You are correct, someone deleted the site about a year ago. I have removed the system (no frequencies, no system) from active display and hopefully the regional admin will deal with it.

Since I assumed that the EMS was conventional (as is everything else PS in NYC) I just went the conventional route and hence why I did not have the same trouble.

Status
Not open for further replies.