Win96 Web Import- "Error Parsing XML"

Status
Not open for further replies.

redchord11

I was trying to import NYC EMS data but before I can even use the pulldown menu I get
"error parsing XML". Is this a database error? Everything else imported beautifully.

loumaag

Silent Key - Aug 2014
redchord11 said:
I was trying to import NYC EMS data but before I can even use the pulldown menu I get
"error parsing XML". Is this a database error? Everything else imported beautifully.
I cannot replicate your error. I pull up the EMS section just fine. I am assuming you are pulling it up under the NYC FD category.

redchord11

Hmm-

I choose Trunked Systems --> US --> New York --> New York --> NYC EMS and the second I select New York City EMS it gives me the error parsing XML.

redchord11

DonS said:
It's because there is no data (i.e. sites, frequencies, or talkgroups) in the database for that system.

That could be why! ha- thanks. I just wanted to make sure I wasn't doing anything wrong.

DonS

redchord11 said:
That could be why! ha- thanks. I just wanted to make sure I wasn't doing anything wrong.
No, you're not doing anything wrong.

RR is, though. The XML doesn't match the "specification". The spec says that the <sites> element will contain at least one <site> element, and it doesn't:
Code:
<trs sid="126" name="New York City EMS" type="1" flavor="3" voice="1" updated="2007-04-15 09:14:14">
<country coid="1">United States</country>
<state stid="36" state_code="NY">New York</state>
<county ctid="1855">New York</county>
<city>New York</city>
<sysid ct="76.76" wacn="">0B36</sysid>
<sites>
</sites>
<talkgroups>
</talkgroups></trs>

loumaag

Silent Key - Aug 2014
DonS said:
No, you're not doing anything wrong.

RR is, though. The XML doesn't match the "specification". The spec says that the <sites> element will contain at least one <site> element, and it doesn't:
Code:
<trs sid="126" name="New York City EMS" type="1" flavor="3" voice="1" updated="2007-04-15 09:14:14">
<country coid="1">United States</country>
<state stid="36" state_code="NY">New York</state>
<county ctid="1855">New York</county>
<city>New York</city>
<sysid ct="76.76" wacn="">0B36</sysid>
<sites>
</sites>
<talkgroups>
</talkgroups></trs>
Don,

You are correct, someone deleted the site about a year ago. I have removed the system (no frequencies, no system) from active display and hopefully the regional admin will deal with it.

Since I assumed that the EMS was conventional (as is everything else PS in NYC) I just went the conventional route and hence why I did not have the same trouble.

Status
Not open for further replies.