Win97-p97 file for kern,inyo,mono counties

Status
Not open for further replies.

1979lee

Hi all,

I was wondering if anyone has a win97-p97 file for kern,inyo,mono counties
( i mean seperatly not all in one p97file) though i will take what ever i can get!
it would be a great help to me, summer trip coming up soon and i gotta have my scanner with me!!!
attached is my current win 97 file for the county of kern
thanks ki6mxl:cool:

Attachments

• kerncounty.ZIP
    29.6 KB · Views: 22

SCPD

QRT
I have a Mono/Inyo PRO-97 file I wrote for someone here in Mammoth Lakes. It is more detailed for Mono as a result. I don't own a PRO-97 so I haven't written any other program for it. Interested?

SCPD

QRT
Ok, here it is. You will notice that I kept the program real simple and did not fill out the 99 channels for each bank. If I owned a PRO-97, the program would likely be different, but since I don't I haven't spent that much time on it. The one change I did make to the program is to add the frequencies for the Mountain Warfare Training Center and those might already be obsolete as I recently heard they moved to a digital trunked 380 MHz system. I haven't driven up there yet to check it out.

Well I tried to attach the file and it the manage attachment process below said it was an invalid file. How do I attach it?

I'm not totally literate on computers and haven't figured out how to post pictures either!

1979lee

Exsmokey said:
Ok, here it is. You will notice that I kept the program real simple and did not fill out the 99 channels for each bank. If I owned a PRO-97, the program would likely be different, but since I don't I haven't spent that much time on it. The one change I did make to the program is to add the frequencies for the Mountain Warfare Training Center and those might already be obsolete as I recently heard they moved to a digital trunked 380 MHz system. I haven't driven up there yet to check it out.

Well I tried to attach the file and it the manage attachment process below said it was an invalid file. How do I attach it?

I'm not totally literate on computers and haven't figured out how to post pictures either!

to attach the file you have to have the winzip program, i had to download it myself to attach my p.97 file.

http://www.oldversion.com/program.php?n=winzip
download version WinZip 10.0

or pm me and ill send you my email address and ill post the file here for you.

thanks, exsmokey, you have the best info for the eastern sierra, the most beautiful place on earth!

SCPD

QRT
Ok, the false starts were due to some errors in the program and mixing up the files that I compressed to post here. This should be what both of you are looking for. Sorry for the delay in posting it. Several other "have to do nows" came my way.

Good luck catching the big one at Crowley, according to local legend his name is Jake. Ask around about him, I don't think he has been caught yet.

Last edited:

SCPD

QRT
Lee - thanks for the Kern County file, I saved it in my PRO-97 file. I will have to review it and see what I should add to my PSR-600 files. I've written a California Desert file with eastern Kern, Imperial, and the non-L.A. Basin portion of San Bernardino and Riverside Counties. The next file to write is going to be my "Central Valley South" file. The PSR-500/600 has so much capacity that there are plenty of scan lists to be able to cover the large areas these file cover. It takes me at least two days to write one file. That even with the import function from the RR database.

Charlieman - I hope I got the file posted before you left for Crowley. I hope you packed some warm clothes as it has been cool here for about a week. Temps in the 20's at night and a slow warming trend with highs in the 50's. It might hit 60 by the end of the weekend. This is for Mammoth, the Crowley temps tend to be higher for the maximum, but at or lower for the minimum.

1979lee

Exsmokey, thank you for the file, it will be of great interest and help!!!
as to my p97 file, i probably need to update somethings but its pretty good, its mostly kern sheriff and fire, along with the chp and bakersfield police dept, wich is very accurate.
thanks again

charlieman52

Thanks Smokey, I leave early Saturday morning and will be coming back Tuesday!...I saw the temps are going to hit a whopping 65 this weekend!!...lol...can't wait tho.

SCPD

QRT
Just Got Back from Wofford Heights this last Memorial weekend! Listened to Kern Sheriff and Fire! Stayed with Cousin who's Captain at one of the stations. Rained a little and was cold...Had a family Reunion at 6000ft!

charlieman52

I edited the file a little to add KCSO and Ridgecrest as well at SBSO Victorville (So I can scan from 395 x I 15 all the way up) but GREAT file!!...thanks again!.

*edit* added LASO Lancaster as well

Last edited:

charlieman52

Smokey thanks for the original file!....it was fun to listen to on the way up and back down this weekend...it sure is a LOT slower up there with the police traffic.

1979lee

charlieman52 said:
Smokey thanks for the original file!....it was fun to listen to on the way up and back down this weekend...it sure is a LOT slower up there with the police traffic.

lee here, yes it is a lot slower up there at times, when i was last in the inyo/mono area , very quiet on the scanner , something im not used to....
we left bakersfield(where i reside) Around 5am, got into inyo county around 8am and as soon as i got out of range of kern county, nada nothing on the scanner, i got some aircraft stuff , noaa weather , but nada, just kept scanning.
what the area lacks in scanner traffic it makes up for it in beauty.

smokwy thanks again , best to ya:)

Status
Not open for further replies.