Win97 support?

Status
Not open for further replies.

FrankieD210

Premium Subscriber
I purchased a license for win97 sometime ago. Since, my computer that I had it loaded on went kaput. I downloaded another copy on a new computer but don't have my licensee key. I looked through my emails and only found the confirmation email but no license key. I tried the email listed for support but never got a response. Any suggestions on how to avoid paying for another licenses? My' trial period is up in 4 days :(

n5ims

I purchased a license for win97 sometime ago. Since, my computer that I had it loaded on went kaput. I downloaded another copy on a new computer but don't have my licensee key. I looked through my emails and only found the confirmation email but no license key. I tried the email listed for support but never got a response. Any suggestions on how to avoid paying for another licenses? My' trial period is up in 4 days :(

See this --> PRO-97 Software - Win97 - Data Management Software for the RadioShack PRO-97 and PRO-2055 Multi-system Trunking Scanners

•When you register, you will be issued a unique key that will allow Win97 to run past its 30-day trial period. DO NOT LOSE THIS KEY. You will need it any time you wish to install Win97 (new computer, new operating system, computer crash, etc.). In many cases, we can re-issue a registration key upon emailed request, but this is not guaranteed and may not get you a prompt response.

This info had to be accepted when you registered (the button to continue said "I acknowledge and agree to the above terms" even).

I kept my original emails, forwarded them to a second email account, printed them out and kept the hardcopy in my files. I recommend something similar to others to prevent the dreaded "I lost my key and can't reinstall" issues in the future. The $25 registration fee isn't that much and much less than having someone extract the key from your old hard disk if the damage is serious. If they can somehow get the software to run on your old computer (or boot from the hard disk on a different one and run it there) you may recover the key using the Help; License Key menu item.

If it helps, the email I got was sent from "From: "Win97" <Win97@starrsoft.com>" with the subject of "Subject: Win97 Registration Info for " followed by my email address. That email and the confirmation email were sent a few mins apart, but from different addresses (confirmation was from "From: "Don Starr" <don@starrsoft.com>").

Last edited:

FrankieD210

Premium Subscriber
See this --> PRO-97 Software - Win97 - Data Management Software for the RadioShack PRO-97 and PRO-2055 Multi-system Trunking Scanners

This info had to be accepted when you registered (the button to continue said "I acknowledge and agree to the above terms" even).

I kept my original emails, forwarded them to a second email account, printed them out and kept the hardcopy in my files. I recommend something similar to others to prevent the dreaded "I lost my key and can't reinstall" issues in the future. The $25 registration fee isn't that much and much less than having someone extract the key from your old hard disk if the damage is serious. If they can somehow get the software to run on your old computer (or boot from the hard disk on a different one and run it there) you may recover the key using the Help; License Key menu item.

If it helps, the email I got was sent from "From: "Win97" <Win97@starrsoft.com>" with the subject of "Subject: Win97 Registration Info for " followed by my email address. That email and the confirmation email were sent a few mins apart, but from different addresses (confirmation was from "From: "Don Starr" <don@starrsoft.com>").

I thought I kept all the emails but apparently, I only kept the transaction verification (sent from don@starrsoft.com). I emailed the support email a couple weeks ago and haven't heard back yet. Just emailed don@starrsoft.com. Hopefully, I will get a response. The $25 isn't all that expensive but, was wanting to renew my RR premium membership since I just got a new Digital scanner and getting back into the hobby. Oh we'll. keeping my fingers crossed.

n5ims

You might want to try and forward your confirmation email along with a request for the registration info resend to the various addresses there since it should have the info they would need to confirm your original purchase.

I'd send it to Win97@starrsoft.com don@starrsoft.com and support@starrsoft.com to try and cover all the bases. While I generally don't like an email "shotgun" approach, it may help get it to the correct group there.

Hopefully Don (http://www.radioreference.com/apps/user/DonS) may even see your post here and contact you directly.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.