Windows 10 latest update slow and lagging pc

Status
Not open for further replies.

Giddyuptd

Premium Subscriber
Has anyone solved or found easy to boost performance on laptops running the latest bloated windows 10 update? The pc sometimes runs so slow you can't do anything.

It's a new hp laptop and yes I have done the sfc scans, power options changes, disabled everything, killed tasks, etc and things went fine until this update.

Boards I have found say many are having the issue but Microsoft barely is making any talk other than yeah there is issue but won't fully admit.

Anyone find a temp work around?

poltergeisty

Truth is a force of nature
Banned

JD21960

Premium Subscriber
ONLY reason I still have Windows is because I need it for Unication and Whistler updates/forms and Slingbox. Used to run 7 in a Virtual BOX ON Linux but it's best to just dual boot. So 99% of the time it's Linux for me. BUT when I first got Windows 10, it was so slow it was high-larious. I have 8 gigs of RAM AND an SSD. Why so slow? I checked the FIREWALL settings "allow an application through the firewall" In Windows 7 there were about 3 things given free rides through the Firewall. In Windows 10? there are a ton of them slowing the machine down. CRAP that has no reason to be given free access through the firewall is causing a drain.
After changing the things I don't use in that area, it's running much faster. I also uninstalled, deleted all those craptacular "live tiles" on day one. There are tons of videos on YouTube on what to delete too. Something else .... you can always go in and make sure you're using all your CPU's potential
This worked well too. **

Status
Not open for further replies.