Windows based software

Status
Not open for further replies.

Davidarambo

Is there a program that y'all would recommend using to program my BCD436HP? I see there are several different programs one could use. I'm new to this Bobbie and just looking for something maybe more detailed then Sentinel. Plus I'd like to use the RadioReference web base system.

jonwienke

More Info Coming Soon!
Sentinel.

It gets its updates from RR's database.

There are other programs, but they have bugs and compatibility issues with the new digital modes.

marksmith

Agree. Sentinel is the program to use thst will do anything you need. You also must use it for database or firmware upgrades. There is nothing more detailed than Sentinel, which gets its updates from RR (database) and Uniden (firmware).

Mark
WS1095/536/436/996P2/HP1e/HP2e/996XT/325P2/396XT/PRO668/PSR800/PRO652

ofd8001

Premium Subscriber
Sentinel is my primary software for the reasons noted above.

I will use ARC 536Pro for "pretty up" Favorites Lists (setting tags to all caps to see better) and virtual control. Neither of these functions are available in Sentinel. They are nice touches but not essential to scanning.

W8RMH

Feed Provider Since 2012

I will use ARC 536Pro for "pretty up" Favorites Lists (setting tags to all caps to see better) and virtual control. Neither of these functions are available in Sentinel. They are nice touches but not essential to scanning.
You can set tags to all caps in Sentinel.

marksmith

Wrong. You can do all that stuff from Sentinel

Sent from my LG-V410 using Tapatalk

UPMan

In Memoriam
Premium Subscriber
You cannot do virtual control from Sentinel. While you can retype all the tags in allcaps in Sentinel, I believe ARC gives you a one-button option for doing so.

rolesnevich

Premium Subscriber
Procan and sentinel is way better the arc and there anti consumer. Email them over a year ago about a license error when trying to use radio reference and they still have not answer and when there program stop working with Windows 10 they claim it was a driver issue and refuse to talk to me when I attempt to help them solve the issue. I do recomand using arc at all. Don't waste your money on there crap software and crap support.

Status
Not open for further replies.