Windowsill, Non-Penetrating Antenna Mount Solutions?

Status
Not open for further replies.

SpectralContent

Feed Provider
Hi all!,
I am looking for a mount/a way to mount, a base antenna (DPD Productions TrainTenna Base Antenna) on my windowsill. Unfortunately, due to restrictions, I am not allowed to drill into the side of the house (it is brick anyways.) I was wondering if anyone had any tips, techniques, and/or knows of products where I could mount a small pole mount into a windowsill or the side of the house without having to drill anything? Currently my plan is to get heavy duty scotch mounting tape to accomplish this task. Any ideas would be appreciated! Thanks!

popnokick

Premium Subscriber
Assuming you want the antenna for railroad monitoring, this post should not be in the Amateur Radio Antennas forum... The DPD TrainTenna is not an Amateur Radio antenna. You may have many other options that 1) will not require drilling holes 2) will not need to be mounted on the windowsill or perhaps not outdoors at all, and 3) may be nearly invisible. But to determine some better answers for you, we need to know -
- Is it correct to assume that what you want to listen to are RR comms?
- If the above is correct, in what general area will you be listening (you have multiple locations listed)?
- Are we correct to assume this is not an Amateur Radio antenna, and you will not be transmitting?
- What radio(s) are you using, and what is making you believe that the TrainTenna will be an improvement (weak signals on the antenna included with the set, aluminum backed insulation in the building, etc.)?

SpectralContent

Feed Provider
Apologies for not placing this in the proper section, I had no idea where to place it.
I just gave the antenna as a reference for mounting purposes, if a member wanted to get references on what the antenna looks like so they can better aim their suggestions. Monitoring railroad comms is besides the point of this post. I just wanted to know of antenna mountings solutions that could possibly work on a windowsill or side of a brick building that a low-profile, and could work without any drilling required. I am just trying to improve my mounting of the antenna and simply am asking if anyone has any idea how I could do that given the situation I presented.

Status
Not open for further replies.