Windsor Air Show 2011 ,Sept 10,11

Status
Not open for further replies.

nyair1

Niagara Falls Airbase is having thier show the weekend of 10-11 also. Tbirds will be the mainshow. Will be flybys of the B1, B2,& B52. Heavy metal flight team will also be in the show.

ve3zo

Ariivals start tomorrow...not sure how many. I think Friday will be a busy arrival day.

FoeHammer

Premium Subscriber
Weather wasnt so good first show day ,...I was in a noisy environment with alot going on so I only caught some transmissions ,...but it seemed we had a few issues ,...the sabre which was supposed to go up with the f-18 aborted I didnt catch the reason why & the f-18 show seemed cut a bit short , I assume due to the low ceiling Snowbirds seemed to be 1 plane short for their performance , and at one point I heard
" Number 3 has a bird strike " Terminate " Terminate" Terminate" then all planes separated & checked in
3 landed safely & I think was back up again , or a backup plane was launched?
Then Im not sure but I though I heard the "Terminate" call again when the team went in some dense low cloud ,...they continued on with a modified show ,.....but definitely some very interesting comms

maxtracs

The snowbirds were one plane short here in toronto also and snowbird 8 called bingo on monday and ended the show 15 min in i dont know sick for one whole week

TD

Premium Subscriber
Hello All
I was at the air show yesterday,We one vip tickets threw the A Channel/CTV the grounds were flooded everybody had to park at devonshire mall and get bused to airport.. For the show alot of the flying was either cut short or didn't fly at all do to low ceiling. The F18 went up first checked weather conditions did a few things then called in to air boss said do to safety concerns he was unable to continue and will be landing

Hope today is better.
TD

ve3zo

The A channel interviewed the Boss on Friday, he said that they would be down a plane because one pilot is not feeling well.

The snowbirds were one plane short here in toronto also and snowbird 8 called bingo on monday and ended the show 15 min in i dont know sick for one whole week

nodak1crdet3

SNOWBIRDS performing now Windsor.

SNOWBIRDS 1 thru 8
272.100 A/A, 03:10pm. 3 min hack now, reasonable conditions for a high show, 03:18pm. 1 thru 8 count off, & hello to the crowd, 03:22pm. Condor go, 03:24pm.
123.325 Also being used by SNOWBIRDS. 03:40pm.

SNOWBIRDS landed around 03:55pm.

Last edited:

ve3zo

Heritage flight was using 123.100 , then switched to 333.300 for a few..

It was a great day...performers put on spectacular displays. Looking forward to next year.

Status
Not open for further replies.