Winter Park Resort

Status
Not open for further replies.

CharlieKe

Winter Park Resort appears to be upgrading their aging Type I (or hybrid) system. One of their 10 channels (858.8375) appears to be a new CC that my BCT-15 is showing as SID 4D22H. The older system still seems to be running in parallel as there is another CC running as well. Is it possible to know anything from SID 4D22H about what they are doing?

tbiggums

I think the "H" is just something your scanner adds to the System ID number to denote that it's displayed in hexadecimal format. 4D22 was the old system ID, so I'd think if they were setting up a new system, they'd use a different ID...

Did you happen to catch the system ID on the other active CC?

Also, Grand County recently got licenses for what I presume will be a new DTRS site on Sunspot Mountain (top of Winter Park Resort--where the 4D22 resort system is located). If you have a digital scanner, you might keep an ear on these freqs, as well:

jimmnn

Premium Subscriber
As of last weekend at least the new DTRS site was not on the air via direct monitoring or listed as a new neighbor. But I'm sure they'll be trying to get it up before winter.

Jim<

greenthumb

Colorado DB Administrator
Database Admin
Drove through today and it sounds like it's MOTOTRBO.

CharlieKe

Perhaps they will end up digital after whatever transition they are going through, though I hope not with MOTOTRBO. As of today there are two separate CCs and both identify as SID 4D22. I programmed the new CC in as a Moto Type II and I am getting voice traffic that seems to be tracking, and the old Type I system using the other CC is working as well, with traffic simulcast on both. The old system is displaying the old TGs and the new system is showing up with five digit TGs. Perhaps all this is part of some larger transition.

The new DTRS channels will sure help in that area. I didn't check today but the last time I listened they were not active yet.

greenthumb

Database Admin
Unfortunately, as narrowbanding gets closer I would imagine that the existence of MOTOTRBO will continue increasing. Keep an ear on those Winter Park DTRS frequencies and drop us a note when they go live! :)

soundchaser

Drove through today and it sounds like it's MOTOTRBO.

Poking around the FCC database, I see that Winter Park has a pending application to update their license (WPPY981) to add new emission designators, the last two being associated with MOTOTRBO.

Action Performed Add Emission Designator 11K2F3E
Action Performed Add Emission Designator 11K2F1D
Action Performed Add Emission Designator 7K60FXE
Action Performed Add Emission Designator 7K60FXD

CharlieKe

Darn. That is not encouraging. I suppose they could be planning ahead for some future date, or maybe they plan to switch to digital as soon as they have the license update. As of now the old "Type I" system is still running with the same TGs, etc. And they are still running a second CC that seems to track as a Type 2 system. Sure hope someone comes out with a line of scanners that handle MOTOTRBO digital but I suppose that is doubtful anytime soon.

The DTRS site up at Sunspot is still silent as of this evening. Here at the resort base I am only receiving Table Mountain and Mines Peak DTRS.

tbiggums

I drove through Winter Park a couple of days ago, and did hear the MotoTRBO control channel on 860.8375. The old 4D22 system was still very active, with it's control channel on 858.8375.

I wasn't able to verify which voice channels 4D22 was using, so I'm not sure how many might have been moved over to the TRBO system. But at least for now, it still sounds like most resort traffic including ski patrol is still on the old 4D22 system.

CharlieKe

Looks like the resort switched to TRBO digital on Thursday. No analog heard since then.

And the new Sunspot DTRS site is plenty active now.

greenthumb

Database Admin
Let us know when the old 4D22 system goes away altogether and we will remove it from the database.

Thanks!

jeffreyinberthoud

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Banned
winter park

Mr Green thumbs or Jim can you guys "splain it to me " as far as the whole moto thing

this site is part of the state DTRS system right?

why would narrow banding matter?

why would we not be able to monitor this and or other sites?

Ignorant minds want to know................

Oh and Happy qwanza rama hanna .........Happy Birthday Jesus!!

jimmnn

Premium Subscriber
Mr Green thumbs or Jim can you guys "splain it to me " as far as the whole moto thing

this site is part of the state DTRS system right?

Oh and Happy qwanza rama hanna .........Happy Birthday Jesus!!

I understand the confusion as we were talking about two different sites Sunspot which is a new DTRS site and the Winter Park Resort system which is of course not part of the DTRS.

Jim<

jeffreyinberthoud

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Banned
Hmm Ill have to check what I wrote down the other day when I asked about the routt conty traffic but
I heard that traffic off squaw and the scanner was clicking link to 851.4125 (111) and 851.43750 witch is one of the freqs of he new site(115) that was posted .... Ill confirm those freqs when I get home from my twelth twelve hour day in a row(LOL) At this point Im not trusting my memory ......But its written down. I guess it causes me to learn more radio details rather than scanning its ok with me

cmdcomm

Feed Provider
Winter Park this last week...

I can confirm the new MOTOtrbo system is up and running on all new talkgoups, and they are using the GPS functions of both the mobile and portable radios in the dispatch center. I had a HH on the west side of Grandby and the system performed very well. I guess no more listening on scanners until Uniden or GRE comes out with an upgrade.

greenthumb

Database Admin
Any talk group information you can share with us?

Status
Not open for further replies.