• Effective immediately we will be deleting, without notice, any negative threads or posts that deal with the use of encryption and streaming of scanner audio.

We've noticed a huge increase in rants and negative posts that revolve around agencies going to encryption due to the broadcasting of scanner audio on the internet. It's now worn out and continues to be the same recycled rants. These rants hijack the threads and derail the conversation. They no longer have a place anywhere on this forum other than in the designated threads in the Rants forum in the Tavern.

If you violate these guidelines your post will be deleted without notice and an infraction will be issued. We are not against discussion of this issue. You just need to do it in the right place. For example:
    https://forums.radioreference.com/rants/224104-official-thread-live-audio-feeds-scanners-wait-encryption.html

Wireless Emergency Alert Test

Status
Not open for further replies.

eyes00only

Premium Subscriber
It didn't say which time zone but I read in the paper that at 1218 today there will be a test of the Wireless Emergency Alert Test system.

Just a heads up.

One of the local TV stations in Denver mentioned the nationwide EAS system will also be tested today however at an unspecified time. This is in addition to the nationwide cellphone alert test.

Shawn

Thunderknight

Premium Subscriber
One of the local TV stations in Denver mentioned the nationwide EAS system will also be tested today however at an unspecified time. This is in addition to the nationwide cellphone alert test.
WEA test is at 2:18pm EASTERN time. The EAS test follows 2 minutes later (2:20pm EASTERN).

Blunt630

Premium Subscriber
Shouldn't the alert even make the alert alarm noise if the phone is in silent mode? My didn't, but it does when there is a tornado warning. hmm

W2GLD

Premium Subscriber
Interesting that it only came through my iPhone and none of the NOAA Weather Receivers we have running like other alerts; I would have thought they would have tied these alerting systems together like Amber alerts, Radiation alerts, etc. Did anyone else's NOAA receivers go off outside of Michigan?

I got t text alert , but didn't make any audible noise for the alert . Came in through my messaging app (Google Messages)

fxdscon

Premium Subscriber
I got mine... text and audio tone. I guess there were a lot of folks that weren't aware of the test. My scanners are lighting up with police and fire responding to calls from citizens in 4 or 5 communities around me thinking we are under attack.

Status
Not open for further replies.