Wireless Emergency Alert Test

Status
Not open for further replies.

eyes00only

It didn't say which time zone but I read in the paper that at 1218 today there will be a test of the Wireless Emergency Alert Test system.

Just a heads up.

ScannerSK

One of the local TV stations in Denver mentioned the nationwide EAS system will also be tested today however at an unspecified time. This is in addition to the nationwide cellphone alert test.

Shawn

Thunderknight

Premium Subscriber
One of the local TV stations in Denver mentioned the nationwide EAS system will also be tested today however at an unspecified time. This is in addition to the nationwide cellphone alert test.

WEA test is at 2:18pm EASTERN time. The EAS test follows 2 minutes later (2:20pm EASTERN).

Blunt630

Shouldn't the alert even make the alert alarm noise if the phone is in silent mode? My didn't, but it does when there is a tornado warning. hmm

W2GLD

Premium Subscriber
Interesting that it only came through my iPhone and none of the NOAA Weather Receivers we have running like other alerts; I would have thought they would have tied these alerting systems together like Amber alerts, Radiation alerts, etc. Did anyone else's NOAA receivers go off outside of Michigan?

K7MFC

WRAA720
Test complete, message received on my Verizon Samsung J7:

o7W3GSN.png

KE4ZNR

Radio Geek
Premium Subscriber
Mine was in Russian. I guess this is normal these days with a Putin Comrade as President. :cool:

Chronic

I got t text alert , but didn't make any audible noise for the alert . Came in through my messaging app (Google Messages)

fxdscon

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Premium Subscriber
I got mine... text and audio tone. I guess there were a lot of folks that weren't aware of the test. My scanners are lighting up with police and fire responding to calls from citizens in 4 or 5 communities around me thinking we are under attack.

Status
Not open for further replies.