• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

Wiring an HMN3596a (gm300 mic) to work on a spectra high power

Status
Not open for further replies.

cmdrwill

"Anyone know how to do it?" Yes I use a Spectra/Syntor mic cable.

Hang on Sir, I will get some info for that to you.

Use Spectra mic cable, same colors but White is not used.

PM and I can email details, just have to get old sketch to something others can read.

Last edited:

cmdrwill

I remember the Desktrac, and I did send the photos of the modded board and cable.
And I was going to sell or trade the Desktrac without the radios.

And I need to finish alignment and calibration on a new two meter repeater today.

cmdrwill

GM300 Mic with Spectra cable, white wire not connected.

Attachments

• GM300 spectra cable.jpg
    GM300 spectra cable.jpg
    52.1 KB · Views: 1,473

Project25_MASTR

Millennial Graying OBT Guy
Reminds me, I need to find a mic cable to upgrade a desk mic from a RJ45 to Spectra (either that or go through the rear accessory connector).

Josh380

No colors marked on my gm300 mic board..just this. How to I translate spectra color codes to ptt, mic, etc?

Attachments

• 20161101_175309.jpg
    20161101_175309.jpg
    53.7 KB · Views: 1,548

Josh380

Thank you! Google wasn't much help in this case, so I appreciate it. The wiring that cmdrwill pulled off google images was incorrect. Locked the radio in transmit. He was right about the tinsel wires...pain in the *** to work with.

So I take it since I don't have an astro spectra, the black wire is not used? Or do I just tie it together with the white wire?

cmdrwill

The wiring that cmdrwill pulled off google images was incorrect.

The photo I posted is is one of my mics that I took to show the wiring. Not from Google, Sir.

Looks like you have a different mic board. Not like the GM300 mics I have.

Last edited:

ramal121

Lots and lots of watts
Premium Subscriber
Thank you! Google wasn't much help in this case, so I appreciate it. The wiring that cmdrwill pulled off google images was incorrect. Locked the radio in transmit. He was right about the tinsel wires...pain in the *** to work with.

So I take it since I don't have an astro spectra, the black wire is not used? Or do I just tie it together with the white wire?

Since the GM300 mic has the single ground, connect the black wire and let the white wire hang in the breeze as cmdwill mentioned.

Status
Not open for further replies.