WISCOM Help

Status
Not open for further replies.

KeithBogut

Premium Subscriber
I live in eastern MN, just west of Hudson. I use a BCD325P2 and Freescan. After much time and effort, I've programmed the ARMER frequencies for Washington county and can now listen to all the local police, fire, EMS, state parks, airports, state patrol, DOT, etc. I've also programmed my scanner for Hudson police and fire, including the car to car frequency, and can hear them very well. I have NOT been able to successfully program any WISCOM frequencies. I'd like to hear the state patrol in the NW and SW regions. I'm not sure what the problem is, I suspect my initial setup is somehow faulty, but after 2 years I've given up on being able to figure it out.

I'm writing to ask if anyone who also uses a BCD325P2 and Freescan would be willing to email me a copy of (just) your WISCOM file that I could then download to my scanner. I'm sure that once I had a working file, I could tweak it to my preferences. I would very much appreciate your consideration. Thanks.

VASCAR2

In my experience with trunked radio systems they tend to use directional antennas near the border with other states to limit the signal from migrating into neighboring jurisdictions. You might be in a location where your scanner doesn’t have enough signal to decode the control channel.

You can use the data base and try to enter the control channel for nearby Wiscom sites as conventional channels and see if you can hear any digital signal. If you don’t your scanner might be properly programmed but you might be out of range. Have you taken a road trip into Wisconsin to see if your scanner works closer to Wisconsin on WISCOM?

I have a BDC996XT and it works very well on the WISCOM VHF frequencies. I haven’t ventured close enough to any of the 700-800 MGhz sites to test them but I predict they should function fine.

KeithBogut

Premium Subscriber
To my embarrassment, no, I haven't taken my scanner to WI to see if I get a signal. It seems every time I have a reason to go, I end up forgetting to bring my scanner. It is the obvious test however, and I appreciate you mentioning it. Your point about the aiming of directional antennas is interesting and sounds gery plausible. Thanks.

peewee007

Gary Hanson
Feed Provider
I agree with Vascar2..those 3 sites are the ones I have in my scanners also.. I'm in Somerset..the frequencies/control channels that should be added for those 3 sites are -- Baldwin: 152.0225 Dresser: 152.2175 Prescott: 139.6125

KeithBogut

Premium Subscriber
Thanks guys. I'll make these changes and then get over to WI and test it.

sfd119

You should be able to pick up Prescott pretty good. My portable will affiliate to Prescott down by the Mall of America with decent reception.

Status
Not open for further replies.