Wmfd C/g

Status
Not open for further replies.

ch40n1k

West Metro on a C/G. "Medical Group" tells command that victim has open fracture. They are having to rope the victim down. Sounds like a climbing fall. Interesting "Tech Rescue" traffic.

LZ At Morrison and C-470

On West Metro Fire TAC3 and FERN1

Having communication issues between SAM1 and LG1 - Gawkers still too close to LZ.

U/D: 20 foot fall while rock climbing. Open fracture of the heel. Not sure why the C/G.

Last edited:

ch40n1k

Toneslider12 said:
Engine 9 originally reported that the patient would be okay to go by ground, seconds later IC requested a chopper go... so I'm not sure if I missed something or not. The PIO was just added to the incident also.

I don't think you missed anything ... I heard the exact same thing. It was kind of strange the way it transpired.

jimmnn

Premium Subscriber
EFFERSON COUNTY – The West Metro Fire Department went to the help of a climber who fell about 20 feet off a rock face just inside the town of Morrison on Thursday night.

The 22-year-old man was stranded about 100 feet high after he fell at around 7 p.m.

He had serious injuries and was unable to make his way down on his own, but was expected to survive, according to West Metro.

A helicopter was requested to airlift him out so he could be taken to the hospital. C-470 at Morrison was closed while the man was loaded onto the helicopter.

The climber's name was not immediately released.

Status
Not open for further replies.