• Effective immediately we will be deleting, without notice, any negative threads or posts that deal with the use of encryption and streaming of scanner audio.

We've noticed a huge increase in rants and negative posts that revolve around agencies going to encryption due to the broadcasting of scanner audio on the internet. It's now worn out and continues to be the same recycled rants. These rants hijack the threads and derail the conversation. They no longer have a place anywhere on this forum other than in the designated threads in the Rants forum in the Tavern.

If you violate these guidelines your post will be deleted without notice and an infraction will be issued. We are not against discussion of this issue. You just need to do it in the right place. For example:
    https://forums.radioreference.com/rants/224104-official-thread-live-audio-feeds-scanners-wait-encryption.html

Wmfd C/g

Status
Not open for further replies.

ch40n1k

Premium Subscriber
West Metro on a C/G. "Medical Group" tells command that victim has open fracture. They are having to rope the victim down. Sounds like a climbing fall. Interesting "Tech Rescue" traffic.

LZ At Morrison and C-470

On West Metro Fire TAC3 and FERN1

Having communication issues between SAM1 and LG1 - Gawkers still too close to LZ.

U/D: 20 foot fall while rock climbing. Open fracture of the heel. Not sure why the C/G.

Last edited:

ch40n1k

Premium Subscriber
Toneslider12 said:
Engine 9 originally reported that the patient would be okay to go by ground, seconds later IC requested a chopper go... so I'm not sure if I missed something or not. The PIO was just added to the incident also.
I don't think you missed anything ... I heard the exact same thing. It was kind of strange the way it transpired.

jimmnn

Premium Subscriber
EFFERSON COUNTY – The West Metro Fire Department went to the help of a climber who fell about 20 feet off a rock face just inside the town of Morrison on Thursday night.

The 22-year-old man was stranded about 100 feet high after he fell at around 7 p.m.

He had serious injuries and was unable to make his way down on his own, but was expected to survive, according to West Metro.

A helicopter was requested to airlift him out so he could be taken to the hospital. C-470 at Morrison was closed while the man was loaded onto the helicopter.

The climber's name was not immediately released.

Status
Not open for further replies.