WNC Public safety

Status
Not open for further replies.

nate1992

hey guys i have two feeds up one is Western nc public safety which has 7 countys a few towns and the mission medvac chopper also i host the buncombe county Asheville city feed
take a listen to them and enjoy also i got a question
on the westernNC public safety feed there is a fire ground channel ( so i thought ) the frequency for it is 154.1900 i know its Henderson Co. fire marshal also Morganton dispatch & Caldwell Co. dispatch but i know for a fact when it comes over its not the fire marshal or morganton dispatch which leaves only Caldwell dispatch as what it could be but it is a good 30 miles from the end of there transmission tower range if any one has any clue as to whats up with this or what dispatch this would be please let me know! its confusing me =P

trumpetman

Database Admin
If the PL tone is 151.4 then it's Morganton Fire Dispatch. They come in fairly clear all the time. I wouldn't bother plugging in the Henderson fireground channels. Sources tell me they haven't been used in years, each department has a repeater pair & simplex tac channel in Henderson County now, so that's where the action is going to be. You'll also get a lot of interference with old FG3, Stephens Fire Dispatch in Georiga uses the same frequency with a PL tone of 85.4. Spartanburg Fire Dispatch also uses a FG, 154.3100 with a PL tone of 85.4. It'll cause more harm than good in your feed if you include those frequencies I just mentioned, especially in CSQ mode.

BTW, thanks for the feeds, I just got back to college in Charlotte & it's nice to be able to hear what's going on at home still.

nate1992

well my first though was that it would be morganton but in listening to the dispatches i believe it is saying Caldwell eoc not sure just yet guess ill just have to give it some time and pien it down but pretty much every thing on my feeds come through really clear as i have a some what expensive and complicated setup consisting of lots of cable a few antennas & a Amp

i wish i could make it more available as to what you actually are herring when ppl talk although i don't have the money to get scanners that will communicate with the broadcasters alpha tag settings

nate1992

Also the frequency in which i was unsure of is Caldwell Co. i listened to a few of the past dispatches and cross referenced the stations they where saying and found that they are all in Caldwell Co. yet i have no clue as to how it is carrying this far or with out interference from Morganton

trumpetman

Database Admin
Run a few of the addresses they dispatch into Google & see what location it comes back to. If you can get the tone, that would help too.

nate1992

i have done that also still comes up as Caldwell Co. which amazes me but i guess ill just added on to RR now it comes through really nice for being 3 countys away

jeffmulter

Fort Mill, S.C. (just south of Charlotte, N.C.)
154.190 / 151.4 is only Caldwell County fire ... not Morganton or any other Burke Co department.

Listen for their radio checks about 10 a.m. today (Saturday).

Morganton is NOT dispatched on 154.190 MHz. They are dispatched on the Burke County fire channel - 154.355 / 151.4 .

The RR db contains an error for Morganton Fire dispatch. Click on the callsign associated with that frequency entry, and you get a license for Rhodhiss Fire Department, which is a Caldwell County agency whose district borders Burke County about 10 miles east of Morganton.

KE4ZNR

Radio Geek
Premium Subscriber
My mistake Jeff. Thanks for the correction. Can someone submit that correction to the DB then?

I made the adjustment. Let me know if you see anything else that needs
correcting.
Happy Monitoring
Marshall KE4ZNR

Quantar22

154.190 / 151.4 is only Caldwell County fire ... not Morganton or any other Burke Co department.

Listen for their radio checks about 10 a.m. today (Saturday).

Morganton is NOT dispatched on 154.190 MHz. They are dispatched on the Burke County fire channel - 154.355 / 151.4 .

The RR db contains an error for Morganton Fire dispatch. Click on the callsign associated with that frequency entry, and you get a license for Rhodhiss Fire Department, which is a Caldwell County agency whose district borders Burke County about 10 miles east of Morganton.

I think Morganton Fire is dispatched out on 153.965. Morganton has public safety officers. In other words the police are cross trained as fire fighters and responds to calls when they are dispatched. I will do a little more listening as time progresses and advise.

Reference Caldwell County the reason you may be hearing them so well is they have a VHF-Hi simulcast system up and running now. They have 3 sites online with a 4th coming online within the next month. The 5th site is still being worked on due to people not liking towers within their view of the mountains.. Don't get me started on that tangent..

nate1992

I think Morganton Fire is dispatched out on 153.965. Morganton has public safety officers. In other words the police are cross trained as fire fighters and responds to calls when they are dispatched. I will do a little more listening as time progresses and advise.

Reference Caldwell County the reason you may be hearing them so well is they have a VHF-Hi simulcast system up and running now. They have 3 sites online with a 4th coming online within the next month. The 5th site is still being worked on due to people not liking towers within their view of the mountains.. Don't get me started on that tangent..

I guess that would explain it Thanks for every ones help

jeffmulter

Fort Mill, S.C. (just south of Charlotte, N.C.)
I think Morganton Fire is dispatched out on 153.965.

Morganton dispatched fire on 153.965

Chris and John - thank you for the correction.

Other than an error, I'm trying to figure out why I have in my log notes that MFDis announced out on the county fire channel. I cannot hear the MPD channel at home ... is MFD paged out with tones on that channel ?

Any comments would be appreciated, via this thread or by e-mail.

nate1992

Hey guys got some great news! My website & call database is now up and fully functional i based the site kinda off IPN but its just for NC and is completely free we need dispatchers now and tons of visitors!!
Try it out also if you see in flaws please let me know thanks
Enjoy

Status
Not open for further replies.