Worcester EDACS geotag question

Status
Not open for further replies.

ST-Bob

Premium Subscriber
The Worcester Public Safety EDACS system Worcester Public Safety Trunking System, Worcester, Massachusetts - Scanner Frequencieshas some talkgroups that cover the reservoirs for Worcester which are outside the city's borders. When I calculated the geotag data I set it up so the range circle just encloses the city's borders. Now I see that this may not be adequate.

The system also uses 2 different simulcast sites with identical frequencies. Current policy (I believe) is to NOT list each site with a different geotag position/range if they have the identical frequencies. How, then, should I handle the fact that the range circle needs to be extended to cover the reservoirs which stretch to the north-west to cover Kendall, Holden and Quinapoxet reservoirs?

Should a new site be entered with the same frequencies to 'bump-out' the coverage area to include Holden and Princeton? Should the department (Public Works) be defined with a bigger range and different center-point? Or should the Water Department be separated out from the Public Works Department and given its own geotag info?

Status
Not open for further replies.