Worcester & OC P25 Systems

Status
Not open for further replies.

ThePhotoGuy

Premium Subscriber
Was going to post in an Worcester thread but it is also "closed."

----

Visited Worcester/OC yesterday. First time monitoring the systems. Only took my BCD436HP with me. Couldn't receive the Worcester System until I got to the MSP Berlin Barracks on Route 50.

Seems that OCFD is still using their old system.

13871 Unk ENC OC/WORC System
13884 Unk ENC OC System

I was curious if I-Call/Private Calls were going to be used. Quick burst of a call. Undetermined what/who it was on the OC system.

maus92

Premium Subscriber
Was going to post in an Worcester thread but it is also "closed."

----

Visited Worcester/OC yesterday. First time monitoring the systems. Only took my BCD436HP with me. Couldn't receive the Worcester System until I got to the MSP Berlin Barracks on Route 50.

Seems that OCFD is still using their old system.

13871 Unk ENC OC/WORC System
13884 Unk ENC OC System

I was curious if I-Call/Private Calls were going to be used. Quick burst of a call. Undetermined what/who it was on the OC system.

That's about right for the 436. The SDS100 and the G5 start to receive a few miles outside the county borders. Signal strength varies quite a bit with this system, compared to FIRST which is usually pretty solid / strong until it's not.

ocguard

Premium Subscriber
Noticing that the Ocean City system doesn't seem to have the citywide emergency channel that the EDACS system had. I always through this was ingenious -- giving non-public-safety users direct access to public safety dispatchers during an emergency, especially after hours when they may not have their own dispatcher. Is there any replacement for this feature?

WNZT398

Noticing that the Ocean City system doesn't seem to have the citywide emergency channel that the EDACS system had. I always through this was ingenious -- giving non-public-safety users direct access to public safety dispatchers during an emergency, especially after hours when they may not have their own dispatcher. Is there any replacement for this feature?
Ocean City now has a dedicated emergency talk group / channel for fire (OC_FD_EMG). Police has (OC_PD_EMG) and all departments have (OC_CALL).

maus92

Premium Subscriber
Ocean City now has a dedicated emergency talk group / channel for fire (OC_FD_EMG). Police has (OC_PD_EMG) and all departments have (OC_CALL).

Any idea what the TG number for OC CALL is?

chrishoerner

KC3KSJ
Premium Subscriber
Interesting that in the database TG 13841 OCFD Company channel is only listed in the Worcester P25 system and not listed in the OC system. I'm Debating just making this one system in my scanner with 3 sites. I remember reading a while back that the consensus was that they are in fact 2 separate systems but tgids from both systems and First Net might show up, is that still the case?

chrishoerner

KC3KSJ
Premium Subscriber
How about Interoperate Channels? Does WC, OC, or state of MD have Conventional repeaters or base station at the dispatch center for 8tac or 7 tac channels? Maybe someone can get their hands on a radio :geek:?

Status
Not open for further replies.