Would anyone have a Files they could share

Status
Not open for further replies.

ScanMaine

Premium Subscriber
Does anyone have a File for MARYLAND SP for Free Scan or ARC PRO. Taking a trip to Virginia and trying to make a mega travel file???

Also if it's Phase 2 I cannot use it with my BCD996XT

marksmith

It would be partially phase 2. In other counties it's a ralkgroup or two on a county trunked system, and in other places it's vhf low.

Mark
536/996P2/HP1e/HP2e/996XT/
396XT/PSR800/PRO668/PRO652

marksmith

The 95 corridor would use all three types alternating from Northern MD to the south, and including all 3 types through Baltimore. Additionally, MDTAP Police are the state police agency on many of the areas, not Maryland State Police.

Mark

marksmith

This is actually the most difficult area to program for state police.

From the north, they are talkgroups on the CMARC system in Harford County.

Then as you enter the Baltimore City area, it's really the Maryland Transportation Authority Police that do this job down 95 and 895 through the city and tunnels. They are on a Phase 2 system called First Responders with multiple sites covering multiple counties. Some state police in the city area are also on FiRST Responders.

As you come out of Baltimore to Anne Arrundel County, they are talkgroups on that county system, and the same for Montgomery County, and probably PG County.

In addition, they are on VHF low band (with the exception of MDTAP police) through this area, but unless you use a vhf antenna, you have to be reasonably close to hear particularly a mobile. They are at 33.00-33.98 mz.

You should be able to find these systems and frequencies in the database.

Mark

ka3jjz

Wiki Admin Emeritus
Actually, MSP uses 39 Mhz, not 33 Mhz...and here is the low-band database entry

State Police Scanner Frequencies and Radio Frequency Reference

These frequencies are not repeated, so as mentioned, you have to be fairly close to hear them, unless you have a decent antenna that covers lo-band

If you happen to have to go through Prince George's (PG as we often say it here) county, that's all Phase 2, and that includes the MSP College Park barracks (not sure about Forestville) - and depending on where you are going in Maryland, MSP NorthEast barracks is sporadic on FiRST, which is also Phase 2.

To see the progress of the MSP migration to FiRST, see this article in our wiki...

Maryland State Police and the FiRST Migration - The RadioReference Wiki

Mike

marksmith

Correct. It is 39 Mhz. Guess I am giving myself away in terms of how often I listen to low vfh.

I believe you i dictated a non phase 2 radio. That will leave a lot of activity around Baltimore (MSP and MDTAP) and PG county unavailable. You should be able to program the rest. One point though - I would only add the MSP talkgroups for the receivable systems as most are fairly busy systems. You would miss a lot of activity if you listen to all talkgroups.

Mark
536/HP1e/HP2e/996P2/996XT/396XT/PSR800/PRO668/PRO652

ScanMaine

Premium Subscriber
Well I wouldnt have a clue what to program then. LOL, I only need stuff near I-95 and thats it. Im just flying through

maus92

Premium Subscriber
Well I wouldnt have a clue what to program then. LOL, I only need stuff near I-95 and thats it. Im just flying through

For your purposes, I would just program in the VHF lo frequencies for the following counties:

Cecil, Barrack M, Northeast
Harford, Barrack D, Bel Air
Baltimore, Barrack R, Golden Ring
Howard, Barrack A, Waterloo
Prince George's, Barrack Q, College Park
Prince George's, Barrack L, Forestville
Montgomery, Barrack N, Rockville

State Police Scanner Frequencies and Radio Frequency Reference

The downside is that you will not be guaranteed to hear both sides of conversations, although along I-95 you should be fairly good.

If you want to hear the troopers reliably, you will need to invest considerable time and effort into complex programming of various county and regional TRS's, two of which are Phase 2 that are incompatible with your scanner.

ka3jjz

Wiki Admin Emeritus
I'm not sure of the status of the 151.04 SHA repeater in Cecil county, but it *used* to repeat Barrack M traffic; be prepared for absolutely crappy audio, though (sometimes it's OK, others - well it gets tiring to listen to). The guy that maintains that repeater should turn in his license, it's sometimes that bad...

Mike

Status
Not open for further replies.