• Effective immediately we will be deleting, without notice, any negative threads or posts that deal with the use of encryption and streaming of scanner audio.

We've noticed a huge increase in rants and negative posts that revolve around agencies going to encryption due to the broadcasting of scanner audio on the internet. It's now worn out and continues to be the same recycled rants. These rants hijack the threads and derail the conversation. They no longer have a place anywhere on this forum other than in the designated threads in the Rants forum in the Tavern.

If you violate these guidelines your post will be deleted without notice and an infraction will be issued. We are not against discussion of this issue. You just need to do it in the right place. For example:
    https://forums.radioreference.com/rants/224104-official-thread-live-audio-feeds-scanners-wait-encryption.html

Would like opinion on program i have developed

Status
Not open for further replies.

nate1992

I developed a system for nation wide reporting of " Incidents " ( yes its some what like IPN ) Now thats out of the way i would like some opinions on how the program looks or how to improve the program!
Here is some information about the program!

~Capabilities~
Reports to a database!
Can send Notifications to Cell or E-mail ( Currently not deployed! )
Can list incidents by state
~~ It's Free~~

Possible for multiple people to submit information ( It's new so this hasn't been a factor yet )

Please take a look i have included a direct link to the program
Incident Display

nate1992

Lol so i did! Having all the states would probably be a good improvement! Will fix it at once !!!
Thanks for the heads up i would have never noticed it =/

Citywide173

From what I see, it isn't bad. What does the input interface act like?

I tried the free notification system thing, and have a little more graphically on my site, but the big boys still seem to hold onto their customers, opting to pay, rather than participate in a free site.

http://www.firepics.net/alertsystem

nate1992

Well im glad its not bad lol, Im starting to draw up planes to display one call type per area! such as show just structure fires for the state of Texas

the input interface is a simple form, It has 6 entry's to put in
2 drop down menus ( Call Type, State )
3 text areas ( County, Address, Call Information )
Date,Time Picker.

I have noticed that simplicity is key. The more technical the system is the less people wish to learn to use the system. Also its how you market the program & to who you market it.

I must admit i do enjoy the map, I looked at using a map but decided to go in this direction instead.

nate1992

hey after coding for about 2 days your eyes go all loopy. Will be fixed! lol

Update: Fix is done

Last edited:

nate1992

While your making corrections:
Adresse should be Address

sorry, no more proofreading :lol:
Proofreading is fine its helps cause i tend to miss things like that unless its pointed out lol thanks.
I will have to fix that one later tonight as i got to head off to class thanks for letting me know though!

BTDT?? IM not sure what that stands for. Forgive my simple mind lol

EDIT: ^ NVM i looked it up ( Been There Done That ) LOL

Last edited:

nate1992

Hey major updates to the Notification system!!!
Any logged in member of Emergency Services Community, Notification can now submit Call Info!!

Status
Not open for further replies.