WOW was I wrong (DMR)

Status
Not open for further replies.

scosgt

I thought there was not really any DMR around here.
Used the search tool I posted elsewhere.
Over 2200 freqs just in NYC!!

Loaded up the NYC DMR, took over 2o minutes for the scanner to load them all in (preparing)!
But it does work.

pro106import

Premium Subscriber
Milford, Ct. perched high above Long Island Sound
I thought there was not really any DMR around here.
Used the search tool I posted elsewhere.
Over 2200 freqs just in NYC!!

Loaded up the NYC DMR, took over 2o minutes for the scanner to load them all in (preparing)!
But it does work.

The only caveat I have found is just because they are licensed for DMR, it doesn't mean they are using it at this time. Agencies will get licensed for many types of emissions when they obtain or renew their license so they will be ready for future upgrades.
I am looking forward to the search tool getting an updated database. It is still from July 2016's data according to the home page.
Yes the EZScan takes forever to process frequencies that you import no matter how powerful of a computer you may have.

scosgt

awesome.
Are you located in the city or how close are you to the city?

On the Nassau/Queens line. The Manhattan stuff comes booming in, as does the SUFFOLK DMR stuff. I am guessing they allow more power for DMR, or lots of people have repeaters. There is no doubt I am receiving hand held units from Queens and Manhattan, and that would never happen on a conventional Freq from a HH without a repeater. In fact, from my LE experience using Motorola handhelds, they barely get out of the building.

pro106import

Premium Subscriber
On the Nassau/Queens line. The Manhattan stuff comes booming in, as does the SUFFOLK DMR stuff. I am guessing they allow more power for DMR, or lots of people have repeaters. There is no doubt I am receiving hand held units from Queens and Manhattan, and that would never happen on a conventional Freq from a HH without a repeater. In fact, from my LE experience using Motorola handhelds, they barely get out of the building.

Excellent, you're in the perfect spot. I'm about 50-60 miles away and still hear quite a bit from the city. I just put up 4 yagis, 2 on 450 and 2 on 800. If you find any interesting DMR freqs. send them along.
Happy scanning!
Bob

EricCottrell

Premium Subscriber
Hello,

Years ago there were a lot of analog conventional and LTR systems for business around the Boston area. They seemed to gradually changed to DMR or NXDN over the years. I do a scan on VHF/UHF and it seems the majority of businesses are using digital now.

73 Eric

scosgt

Will the DMR enabled scanner receive DMR on a search or stalker?

scosgt

Hello,

Years ago there were a lot of analog conventional and LTR systems for business around the Boston area. They seemed to gradually changed to DMR or NXDN over the years. I do a scan on VHF/UHF and it seems the majority of businesses are using digital now.

73 Eric

So far taxis, tow companies, quite a bit at the airports, but just mundane stuff, really not very interesting.

AtlasFBG2

Will the DMR enabled scanner receive DMR on a search or stalker?

I use my ws1095 in limit search and set to record during the day. It will show you the dmr talkgroups and frequencies. To find the color code and slot you need to be watching it.

I would think the upgraded 668 would do the same but i have not tried my 668 in search yet,

pro106import

Premium Subscriber
I use my ws1095 in limit search and set to record during the day. It will show you the dmr talkgroups and frequencies. To find the color code and slot you need to be watching it.

I would think the upgraded 668 would do the same but i have not tried my 668 in search yet,

On my 668, I set up scan lists with the actual frequencies to scan instead of search. Like 450-460 in 12.5 khz. steps (very easy to create a list with Excel). Set them all for record, DMR Any, and any delay or whatever other features you want. In this configuration, it will record and log the DMR Slot, Color Code, Talkgroup, Radio ID as well as the audio, and timestamp. And it stores each hit into the appropriate folder for each frequency which makes playing back all the audio for each particular frequency easier to ID the station.

Attachments

• 5859a632.jpg
    5859a632.jpg
    66.1 KB · Views: 367

AtlasFBG2

Thanks for that info.
I will give that a try.

I see several business that have dmr in my area but never been able to get the slot and color the way i was searching.

scosgt

Actually, limit search does show the slot and color, but you need to be watching the scanner.

pro106import

Premium Subscriber
Thanks for that info.
I will give that a try.

I see several business that have dmr in my area but never been able to get the slot and color the way i was searching.

Just a little caveat. When you import the list of a couple of thousand frequencies or whatever it might be, it takes maybe a half hour for the initial import. Then once they are in your scanlist, each change you want to make to all of them at the same time takes just as long. Like Record, Alert, or whatever. Make sure you preset the scanlist you want them to import into in advance. This will save you one step anyway.
Here is a sample of the import

Attachments

• 5859ad4e.jpg
    5859ad4e.jpg
    91.6 KB · Views: 242
Status
Not open for further replies.