• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

wpln4208b manual?

Status
Not open for further replies.

SCPD

QRT
Oh man that was so helpful!

Wow, I must be one dumb #$%!er., dear Good sir you forgot the most important part of that Google search...the model #!

I'll be more specific one of our wpln4208b chargers is having an issue in a vehicle, where every impress battery causes the charger to flash orange. it will flash orange for days. according to the dummy sticker on the side of the charger, pulsating orange means battery is too hot which doesn't apply especially to 10 different brand new batteries. so let's see if there is a educated guess someone could post or possibly a link to the actual manual. I tried MOL with no such luck.

ecps92

99% of the Impress chargers are all the same.

Mother M just puts different models and suffix info

Sounds like you have a bad charger then. Yes the orange does indicate the Battery is too Hot/Warm (did you try - for frits and friggles) putting a battery in the freezer/refrigerator for a few minutes before using the charger.

How about what Firmware is your Charger. Likely what you are looking for won't be in the USER manual

Oh man that was so helpful!

Wow, I must be one dumb #$%!er., dear Good sir you forgot the most important part of that Google search...the model #!

I'll be more specific one of our wpln4208b chargers is having an issue in a vehicle, where every impress battery causes the charger to flash orange. it will flash orange for days. according to the dummy sticker on the side of the charger, pulsating orange means battery is too hot which doesn't apply especially to 10 different brand new batteries. so let's see if there is a educated guess someone could post or possibly a link to the actual manual. I tried MOL with no such luck.

SCPD

QRT
99% of the Impress chargers are all the same.

Mother M just puts different models and suffix info

Sounds like you have a bad charger then. Yes the orange does indicate the Battery is too Hot/Warm (did you try - for frits and friggles) putting a battery in the freezer/refrigerator for a few minutes before using the charger.

How about what Firmware is your Charger. Likely what you are looking for won't be in the USER manual
I open up a brand new battery to try and that didn't work. I'm not going to stick any battery in the freezer my guess is the charger has an issue because it worked fine before and the firmware is v3.41

rumentrocar

Manual PDF

Just in case anyone is still looking for this, I got this from the Motorola live chat. Use it in good health

Attachments

• WPLN4208_User Manual reduced..pdf
    771.9 KB · Views: 147

N4KVE

did you try - for frits and friggles) putting a battery in the freezer/refrigerator for a few minutes before using the charger.
I need to do this all the time here in Florida in the summer. It’s 95 outside, I’m laying at the pool, & the radio is next to me, but under a towel. I come inside, try to charge the battery, but get the flashing orange. A few minutes in the freezer, & then the battery charges just fine. It’s not one particular battery. They all do it, but yet still analyze at 100%. Charger FW is 3.11.

Status
Not open for further replies.