WS1040: ws1040 help

Status
Not open for further replies.

mstevens0510

Premium Subscriber
good evening I recently picked up a ws1040. I have tried arc500 and psr500 to program the scanner for stark county. The frequencies are saved in the scanner but no traffic is coming through. According to the scanner specs it should work on stark counties system. Does anybody know what direction I need to go in to have it operate or did I purchase a scanner that is not compatible with stark county.

Swipesy

good evening I recently picked up a ws1040. I have tried arc500 and psr500 to program the scanner for stark county. The frequencies are saved in the scanner but no traffic is coming through. According to the scanner specs it should work on stark counties system. Does anybody know what direction I need to go in to have it operate or did I purchase a scanner that is not compatible with stark county.

Your scanner is fine.

Try only programming in the MARCS Stark Tower only. Be sure you select P-25 Auto System Type. Only program the Control (Red) and Alternate (blue) frequencies. Then put the Talkgroups you want to hear and assign them to a ScanList such as 1 and be sure to enable the ScanList and it should work fine. If you have done all of this and can't hear then you may be close to a Tower and getting front end overload. In that case try Attenuating the scanner. Not much else. If you want to post your WIN500 file we can look at it for you,

mstevens0510

Premium Subscriber
I messed around with it last night and still no traffic. I'll try to post my file when I get home this evening. I may try to rebrand the old frequencies and put those in a scan list and see if that does anything.

Ronaldski

MI DB Admin
Database Admin
Looking at Stark appears you have 6 towers and simulcast for which the whistlers normally do horribly at decoding all the signals coming in and is easily overloaded. https://www.radioreference.com/apps/db/?siteId=33079

Look at https://forums.radioreference.com/threads/jumbled-reception-help.384100/#post-3079192 and then the inks I left there.

Be sure to try the paperclip antenna.

Also "The frequencies are saved in the scanner" dont forget to put in the talkgroups, otherwise if you get it working you'll get Stark, but also agencies you dont want and nearby county traffic and you cant lockout the frequencies do to how trunking works.

Status
Not open for further replies.