WSP D6 Kittitas

Status
Not open for further replies.

SkyOtaku

Premium Subscriber
It looks like WSP D6 out of Ellensburg has gone Digital. I have submitted it to the database. The digital signal is a MASSIVE improvement over the analog one. I live 11 miles south of exit 206 on I90 and I am getting mobiles on milepost 60 on the digital signal and at 4 and 5 bars.

RBMTS

The database has been updated. Thank you for your submission!

code3kid

It looks like WSP D6 out of Ellensburg has gone Digital. I have submitted it to the database. The digital signal is a MASSIVE improvement over the analog one. I live 11 miles south of exit 206 on I90 and I am getting mobiles on milepost 60 on the digital signal and at 4 and 5 bars.

Have you found what talkgroup thy're using on the DOJ IWN? Whiskey (site 36) is probably the closest site.

SkyOtaku

Premium Subscriber
Have you found what talkgroup thy're using on the DOJ IWN? Whiskey (site 36) is probably the closest site.

Here are the only DOJ IWN sites and talkgroups I am getting:

D4 Colfax Area -- Schrag WA, Mica Peak
D6 Ephrata Area -- Mount Spokane, Whiskey Dick, Beezley
D6 Dispatch A09 -- Whiskey Dick, Mount Spokane
D3 Union Gap Area -- Whiskey Dick, Mount Spokane

Although I am getting many more under the conventional system. I will plug the sound into ProScan so it can also record to see if D6 Dispatch A09 is the Ellensburg site.

jparks29

John McClane
A09 was heard in/near Cle Elum, but not ellensburg. it was portable though, so it may be a reception issue as opposed to a usage issue. D6 is the WORST area in terms of coverage, due to the varying terrain.

kd7kdc

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Banned
The Mount Spokane control channel frequency must be reused on another hilltop closer to central Washington because there is no District 6 traffic or affiliations on the site looking at it with unitrunker from the Spokane area.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

kd7kdc

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Banned
Will it's a name tag I made up for the unknown channel names i.e. 59609 is District 6 Area 09

SkyOtaku

Premium Subscriber
The Mount Spokane control channel frequency must be reused on another hilltop closer to central Washington because there is no District 6 traffic or affiliations on the site looking at it with unitrunker from the Spokane area.

Yes its the same as Whisky Dick site. Its one of the group of sites I use to monitor DOJ IWIN.

Status
Not open for further replies.