WTH, 536HP no audio output

Status
Not open for further replies.

Anderegg

Enter text in this field
Premium Subscriber
My 536HP, purchased new, hardly ever used, just recently had the RTC repair, now for some unknown reason has no audio. No speaker audio, and no audio out of the rear speaker port either. Nothing has been done to the unit since it was last messed with. It will scan and operate normally, stopping on channels, but no sound, not even keypad beeps.

WTF? Any ideas? I don't recall any settings that would deactivate audio? The scanner is also doing more weird stuff as I type. The backlight has just stopped working, trying to toggle it back on in the menu but nothing is working.

I think I am done with Uniden...I just wanted to prep this thing for sale too...

Paul

Anderegg

Enter text in this field
Premium Subscriber
Apparently, it has headphone audio, but that is all it has. Last time this was used was with an external Radio Shack scanner speaker hook to the rear port, 8OHM, but that sound sucked, so went back to the internal speaker, which was working fine last time the unit was powered off.

Paul

W8RMH

Feed Provider Since 2012
Sounds like the little disconnect switch in the headphone jack is sticking. You can try plugging/unplugging a speaker plug numerous times which may disengage it. I've also seen suggestions to put a few drops of contact cleaner on the tip of the plug first.

This was pretty common on some of the older Uniden base units, BCT15, BCT15X, BCD996T, BCD996XT, but this is the first report I have seen on the BCD536HP.

Status
Not open for further replies.