WV Interop System on my Uniden BCD996T

Status
Not open for further replies.

smpg2613

Premium Subscriber
Hey guys. I am certainly hoping someone can help me out.

I am a very experienced Scanner listener/user, but I just received my new Uniden BCD996T scanner to be able to listen to the new Interop System.

I am COMPLETELY lost at how to program this thing.

Can someone please help me? I am in the Charleston area.

I also have a question.. I was told that I would be able to hear traffic from all over the state from my home. Is that correct? For example.. would I be able to hear traffic on Harrison County Fire from Charleston?

Thank you!

mike_s104

Premium Subscriber
eddieturtle said:
Hey guys. I am certainly hoping someone can help me out.

I am a very experienced Scanner listener/user, but I just received my new Uniden BCD996T scanner to be able to listen to the new Interop System.

I am COMPLETELY lost at how to program this thing.

Can someone please help me? I am in the Charleston area.

The easiest and quickest way to program the 996T is with software like ARC996, Proscan, USAD and a lot of others. Some are free and some cost a little bit. I like ProScan for most everything but started with ARC996, so I use for programming. Whatever you decide to try, you can ask someone in your area to supply you with the files you need to get started quickly. You can also subscribe to the RR site and have direct access to the RR DB via some software apps; this makes it a lot easier. Check out the below link for the software available:
http://wiki.radioreference.com/index.php/BCD996T#PC_Programming_and_Control

I also have a question.. I was told that I would be able to hear traffic from all over the state from my home. Is that correct? For example.. would I be able to hear traffic on Harrison County Fire from Charleston?

Thank you!

Technically, yes you could but on a daily basis no you will not. You will be able to hear traffic on whatever site you are able to receive. If there are talkgroups patched to that site from another site, you can hear that. If there is someone who's not affiliated to their normally used site but affiliated to the site you're monitoring, you may hear their traffic.

Hope this helps.

EDIT: I was looking at bcTool. It looks very cool and has a lot of features for a free app. I may try it out tonight.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.