Wyo-Link?

Status
Not open for further replies.

scanlist

Scanning since the 70's to today.
Since the system is NOT operational there is no information available as there are no functional control channels in operation.

The only thing coming off of the sites is test data.

Phil.

SCPD

QRT
What's the deal with those guys? I personally don't think Wyoming even needs a statewide trunking system. When you're nowhere near running out of frequencies conventional works fine.

But why would you buy some site equipment and then not take it to the next step? I just drove across a big section of the state and nothing but the test pattern on the CCHs. It's been that way for a long time. Pretty weird for a state that had a Billion dollar surplus not long ago.

kd7gxu

Premium Subscriber
Wyolink

logitec said:
What's the deal with those guys? I personally don't think Wyoming even needs a statewide trunking system. When you're nowhere near running out of frequencies conventional works fine.

But why would you buy some site equipment and then not take it to the next step? I just drove across a big section of the state and nothing but the test pattern on the CCHs. It's been that way for a long time. Pretty weird for a state that had a Billion dollar surplus not long ago.

The SO here in Laramie County has upgraded their radios from the analog spectras to new trunking XTL radios (I would assume XTL 5000). The fire district here went with Bendix King digital radios. One would think that the system should come online soon or a lot of people are going to be miffed that they spent a bunch of money on radios that only get used in analog conventional mode. As far as I know the state still has a huge budget surplus, but the legislature still balked at funding the system. They did end up approving additional funding last session. I wonder how South Dakota got their system going so much faster, it is also a VHF Motorola system.

tyytor

I wonder how South Dakota got their system going so much faster, it is also a VHF Motorola system.??

well first of all it was funded by 9-11 moneys, 2nd.they used almost all of the towers that were already there, state, local, cellphone, power company's, i mean they called everbody yes they did add a few, they already had a microwave system in place and with the frequencies inplace so they saved a lot of money, also a lot of it was a showcase
"demo" sence they were one of the first with vhf trunking, 15 million later and 3-4yrs
later it still is not working right ,LOL

kd7gxu

Premium Subscriber
SD and WY

Wyoming is spending more than $50 million on Wyolink, so $15 million would be a bargain. I just went up to the Black Hills 4th of July weekend and I noticed that Rapid City was not on the state trunk system at all. The only users that I heard was the state patrol and some sheriff depts. But, at least it was up and functioning, and it seemed to work ok. What makes me wonder is how they can get by with so few channels per tower. I would think that the system would overload. As far as having a microwave system, Wyoming has a great one, it is called the SALECs system. The highway patrol, game and fish, and state parks police are already all dispatched from Cheyenne.

The good thing is that we here in CO. Will be able to hear the action in WYO. Is their any? I know their is.

Last edited:

Thunderbolt

Global Database Administrator
I wonder if they will have the system online for the "Cheyenne Frontier Days," which runs from July 21-30, 2006? This would be an ideal time for the state to roll out the new radio system and get some good PR in the process.

73's

Ron

k0pwo

Premium Subscriber
Cheyenne Area Monitoring

Does anyone have a freq file that is already built for monitoring in the Cheyenne area.

I am looking for the city pd/fd/ems, county SO and Hiway Patrol for that area. I will be up there next weekend for one of the concerts on Saturday night and I was hoping to listen in for a bit.

I can take files for either the pro92, pro96 or bc 245 from uniden.

Thanks

Dave

Spud

Cheyenne South tower

Using Pro-96 in "Motorola mode" and receiving strong signal in Fort Collins from this tower on 154.070 MHz WyoLink frequency but nothing showing up on the "packet dump" screen of the Pro96Com application.

Shouldn't packet dump data be seen even if the system is only being "tested"?
Is there something different about a system running APCO 25 on VHF band?

All other systems that I monitor are on the 800 MHz band.

Thanks for any info on this...

73 to all

Status
Not open for further replies.