Wyolink Help

Status
Not open for further replies.

Junior1970

I am trying to monitor the Wyolink sites listed in the RRDB for Uinta and Lincoln Counties but have heard nothing.
I know Uinta is spotty but there is Public Safety in Lincoln on there as well as WYDOT and WHP.

I have a Pro96-2096 setup using Win96 software.

Help!! and thanks.

wyomingmedic

Are you able to hear traffic from other counties? Lincoln county is SLOW, but you should be hearing some decent traffic from WHP in Uinta county.

Can you put your scanner into a search (I think they call it wildcard) to hear ANY traffic?

kd7gxu

Premium Subscriber
96 on WyoLink

The 96 is a little bit of a chore to set up on Wyolink. You have to set up the offset tables. If you have Pro96Com you can put it on one of the control channels and watch the tower to see if there is traffic on it. You could also manually tune or scan the voice channels(all other freqs on the tower that aren't control channel). It won't trunk track but you can still hear the traffic that way. My old pro-96 is really deaf on VHF, but I live where there are 800 towers so I still use it once in a while.

Junior1970

Problem is that I live out of state so any tuning with custom tables or what not I have to set up here at home on the desktop.I find this out while traveling the area.

I have heard zip. zilch, nothing. These are the sites per the RRDB.

I mostly travel through Uinta, Lincoln, Sweetwater and Teton while I'm there

Havent tried scanning manually but that's how I have to do it with ICAWIN because my software (Win96) allows expanded freqs in the 700 band but doesn't trunk them.

800 on UCA (Formerly UCAN) in Utah on the site near Evanston works fine

tyytor

hi, i had the same problem with the tables tell i upgraded to better scanners, still have the old ones,

the best help i can give is use the basic wyolink table in the wiki, and program in all of the control and alternates (11) ? sites in one bank with the talk groups, and ID search.
that way it will find the strongest control?.
in another bank also program in the analog frequencies as some counties are not liking wyolink,

also like you said you can program in all the site's frequencies except for the control and scan them manually i had to do the with the DTRS in colorado tell i upgraded on 700 mhz also.

Junior1970

So if my idiocy doesn't kick in my assumption, according to the Wiki, is there are two tables for the PRO 96/2096 that show base and offsets in the custom tables.

I also didn't see any base or offsets in the main System Band Plan on the Wiki. Thoughts?.

I hope I am not overthinking things.

But as a back up I may put the freqs in conventional mode as has been previously mentioned...But I'm not giving up yet.

tyytor

hi, i see some one has changed it in the wiki,
attached file just change it to .p96 from .txt and in the extended tables it will read the ones that i have used when i loaded that file, work for me, though i have changed the sites sense then.

Attachments

• 5-11-2015 pro2096.txt
    33.9 KB · Views: 42
Status
Not open for further replies.