• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

XPR 6550 Surveillance style Mic and Ear Piece

Status
Not open for further replies.

nonperson

Any one know a reliable single or dual wire external mic, acoustic tube speaker, surveillance style, setup for a XPR 6550 radio? Looking for one to use on the job. I can find a lot of the $30 range, after market setups but not sure if they would last or be reliable. I bought one of those for a HT 1250 and the mic made my voice sound muffled on the other end and I noticed the little speaker for the ear piece would act up from time to time. It could have been a major issue one night!

The local Motorola dealer would have to order one (for ~$60) for me and it could be two weeks or longer to get one. The one they had in stock was a little out of my price range (I still have some Christmas shopping to do and other bills to pay). :)

I had a department issued one for a XTS 1500 radio that worked well and had two PTT buttons on it. It was $38 but built well! I would like one like it for this radio. Any recommendations?

Thanks!

cabletech

You can also try headsetusa.com, I have used their single wire ear piece on Icoms, Kenwoods and Vertex rough useage for several years now and out of the +/- 50 that I got, I have had to replace 3.

They are in the $40 range. Give them a call

vittles04

Premium Member
I use Otto communications equipment and I am very happy I have been using them since 2004 and in many different environments with zero complaints.

mformby

I sold the Telex products for years to Fire Departments, Swat Teams and the like. This ear mic only requires one wire to your head since you talk and hear through the ear piece. It is radio specific so you will have to order the right cable for your radio. This price is considerably lower than what I used to pay, so I would jump all over it if it is new and includes the radio interface cable. Good audio quality and durable.

Status
Not open for further replies.