• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

XPR 7550e programming problems

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pyro658

Communications Dispatcher

TampaTyron

Beep Boop, Beep Boop
Premium Subscriber
Have you taken a fine screw driver or dental pick and lightly scraped the gold programming contacts on the side of the radio before connecting the programming cable? Do you get the Bing bong of the radio being discovered by windows once connected? Is this a gray market or other hacked type of radio? Thanks, TT.

N1GTL

Database Admin
Your link points to SmartPTT's website. First, my condolences if you're using that product.

You don't mention your OS. MotoOnline has a USB driver file you can install. I have found that on some computers, I have had to run that USB driver installation.

Project25_MASTR

Millennial Graying OBT Guy
CPS 16.0 is the newest version. Been out for a few days now.

What’s the error you are getting and what is the setup?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

K2NEC

What error are you getting? Is it a North America radio with the North America software?

Pyro658

Communications Dispatcher
The radio itself and cable are brand new. It makes the noise that connects. The error message after the wheel spins says it couldn’t communicate with the device. I have windows 7 professional if I’m not mistaken. I didn’t buy anything from there I just searched problems programming the radio and their site came up.

N4BSH

But, you could have an IP / IP route conflict.

Use ipconfig & netstat -rn to determine if you have an issue.

You're assuming he knows how to do all that......

I would try and use the latest CPS with Windows 10 if you can.

Although if you are getting the Bing Bong of windows recognizing the device and not able to Read then it seems to be an issue with the Radio and not the Software or Windows.

TampaTyron

Beep Boop, Beep Boop
Premium Subscriber
There could be an issue with your computers wifi or ethernet port causing a conflict. I suggest disconnecting ether and wifi and trying again. Typically, the radio sets up an ethernet connection in the 192.168.10.x subnet. If you have another network connected in the same subnet, then you will have issues. TT

Status
Not open for further replies.