• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

XPR analog channel scanning

Status
Not open for further replies.

mojobreakfast

I have an XPR5550 and the latest Motorola CPS. I own this radio for amateur DMR, primarily.

However, I also want to be able to scan analog channels. For instance, there are 22 FRS analog channels. I can add a channel "zone" with each of the 22 FRS channels in it. However, if I create a scan list, and try to add all 22 of these channels to it, I get a warning that only 15 channels can be added to a scan list.

Is there a creative solution to being able to scan more than 15 analog channels on the XPR5550?

Thank you.

mojobreakfast

I do understand that limitation, but I was hoping there might be some kind of way of monitoring 15+ analog channels that isn't immediately obvious in CPS. I use CPS once a year when I take my radio out of my truck for programming updates, and it's like starting from scratch every time... not intuitive.

Last edited:

Skypilot007

Premium Subscriber
15 +1, that is all you're going to get. Unless someone has tried successfully to hex edit the CPS similar to what is done with Astro25 and Astro series CPS to up the list to 20 or so we're stuck with 15+1.

N1GTL

Database Admin
You could create multiple scan lists and split it up. Channels 1 - 15 could be assigned to scan list 1 and when on channels 1 - 11, it'll scan those 15. Create a second list with channels 8 - 22 and assign that to channels 12 - 22. You'll miss some stuff but that's about as good as you'll get. Other option, buy a scanner.

It's illegal to use that radio on FRS anyway although I realize most people don't care and, since the FCC won't do anything about interference on public safety or commercial broadcast in most cases, they're hardly going to care about FRS.

Status
Not open for further replies.