• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

XPR6550 Software

Status
Not open for further replies.

leitung

Premium Subscriber
So yeah I picked up some XPR6550's for a heck of a deal the other day, and yeah I want to get them programmed so naturally I went off to Motorola Online to get me some software. I look in the catalog and see no software listed, so I get the part number RVN5115AC and look that up and it says it's been discontinued. Great..

So what are my options? Is there a new CPS for the XPR series that I don't know about, and if so what is the part number? (Being that MOL's catalog doesn't list software for the XPR)

By the way, yes I have signed the agreement and everything and it was over a year ago, I have been able to access software on there before.

Thanks for any help.

radiomankc

You will also need the 25KHz entitlement key if you want to use it on HAM @ 25KHz bandwidth.

leitung

Premium Subscriber
Much thanks I got it now, pricey as usual going to have to wait a minute to get it, but I am still waiting for my charger as well.

Do they charge for the entitlement key for the 25khz spacing? Planning on doing some GMRS use on these but that may change if I decide to have one programmed by the radio shop for my companies TRBO network.

radiomankc

No charge for the entitlement key. You do, however, have to do an online course in order to get it. Just make sure you tell them you need extra keys. So if you have 5 radios, tell them you need 10.

n5ims

Here's a hint on searching for Motorola's software on MOL. When searching don't search for exactly what you want, like "RVN5115AC". This search will only find that specific version of the software and, as you found, will no longer work when it's been updated. Search for the generic part number instead, like "RVN5115" using the "Starts with" or "Contains" option. That way you'll find the most current version and should have more luck when you don't know exactly what version they happen to be on when you search.

KG4INW

Premium Subscriber
No charge for the entitlement key. You do, however, have to do an online course in order to get it. Just make sure you tell them you need extra keys. So if you have 5 radios, tell them you need 10.
Correct on the no charge part but you only need a key per copy of CPS. That is, if you only have one computer that you use to program, you only need one wideband EID.

Status
Not open for further replies.